Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

• Course on `How to work with small press publishers`
    by Teika Bellamy at 17:03 on 20 June 2014
    Just saw this on The Guardian - a relatively inexpensive course for writers about how to work with small press publishers. I think I'd go myself just to listen to the indy press publishers (but instead I will either be working or reading bedtime books to my kids!). 

http://www.theguardian.com/guardian-masterclasses/how-to-work-with-small-press-publishers-kit-caless-galley-beggar-press-course?cmp=twt_gu&utm_source=Booksellers+and+readers&utm_campaign=cb2b9a1584-Week_256_20_2014&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_2a3d5fbc4f-cb2b9a1584-18498645&ct=t(Week_256_20_2014)&mc_cid=cb2b9a1584&mc_eid=919f284cbf
  • Re: Course on `How to work with small press publishers`
    by EmmaD at 09:49 on 23 June 2014
    Yes, that does look interesting. Galley Beggar are the publishers of Eimear McBride's A Girl is a Half Formed Thing, so in that sense, they're the new Tindal Street. Should have things worth saying, and worth listening to!
  • Re: Course on `How to work with small press publishers`
    by Teika Bellamy at 23:11 on 23 June 2014
    I agree! Galley Beggar Press looks like a really interesting independent press (although no doubt they're swamped by submissions now). Still... just by interacting with the publishers (and crucially!) reading the books they publish is a step in the right direction to making contact and perhaps, getting published by them.