Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

• `This is it` magazine is now live!
    by dkapsali at 16:21 on 13 November 2003
    The first issue of 'This is it', a new online literary and contemporary arts magazine, is now live at http://www.thisisitmag.co.uk .

'This is it' aims to be a showcase for the work of new writers and artists, to encourage the production of more and better work, and to make new quality writing and artworks freely available to everyone. Please visit and support new talent!

Submissions for the second issue are now being accepted. Check the site for guidelines.
  • Re: `This is it` magazine is now live!
    by old friend at 09:18 on 14 November 2003
    Hi Daphne,
    Firstly, many congrats on the new magazine. I have been through the site and I found it enjoyable.

I am interested in what you write above with the use of the words 'more and better work' and 'quality'. I can only see this question being answered by the individual and through the subjective processes... in other words "what I consider to be 'better' and 'quality' writing." I know from past experience that someone has to make the decisions and one tries to be as objective as possible. Now that you are in the driving seat, this question becomes pertinent.

In the Magazine and Newspaper world the decision-making process must be influenced by 'profiles' of the readers, but in a situation where 'The Magazine' is an Internet content and it is also a Freebie, it is not possible to form any guiding profile of 'readership' except by quantity and from the limited contact one will have through emails etc.

I therefore find this a fascinating question; I don't know the answer(s) and I would appreciate any comments by others - and, of course, by you.

All success, Regards, Len
    by Anna Reynolds at 16:34 on 14 November 2003
    Daphne- I had a look and think it's an impressive site, lovely graphics and some fine writing on there, I enjoyed your piece and thought it unusual and compelling. If you're looking for submissions, shall we post something in Jobs and Opportunities? Congrats anyway.
    by dkapsali at 22:55 on 14 November 2003
    Thanks so much for the comments and encouraging words! Was really quite nervous about it yesterday, but it seems to be going well enough up to now (and no hate mail as yet). Very glad you enjoyed it!

Len: Very good point, I'll have to consider your question and get back to you.

Anna: Thanks, and I'm very happy you enjoyed my story! And yes, a posting on Jobs & Opps would be great - would I have to put something together myself or do you guys do it?

Thanks again,

Daphne
    by Nell at 08:34 on 15 November 2003
    Daphne, the site looks really professional, modern and quirky too. Congratulations, may you and it go from strength to strength.