Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

This 19 message thread spans 2 pages:  < <   1  2 
  • Re: A Word of Warning
    by James Anthony at 11:25 on 16 January 2004
    Interesting. Cheers Katie.

I'm hoping sci fi stuff is gonna be on the increase what with Minority Report and the new one (Philip K Dick - legend. Pity they coudln't make better filsm from it. Bladerunner is the best and even that leaves out numerous storylines!)

I also thnk we should rewrite MAtirx 2 and 3! What a wasted concept that was. They had it all, but they just coulsdn't seem to write a good story around it. oh well, that's my moan done.

Unless I get started on the Star Wars 1 and 2.

But to finish on a high note! Watch Adaptation. Sequel to Being John Malkovich. To all screenplay writers: Charlie Kaufman is a genius and so funny!

Don't know how I got onto that...sorry
    by Account Closed at 11:37 on 16 January 2004
    Yes but "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep" (the book on which Bladerunner was based) was not exactly a fantastic book. By comparison, the film is a work of genius.

It's one of the few books where the film turns out to be better. I'm told Fight Club is another. Excellent film, apparently the book blows...

<Added>

Oh, and as for the Matrix, I disagree. A lot of people were expecting some intellectual and mind-boggling 'answers' from the Matrix, and on that level it inevitably disappoints.

However, watching it from a pure, action-orientated, wired kung-fu perspective, it's top class entertainment.

Star Wars however, is a bit of a sorry disappointment. Lucas seems to be tripping over himself trying to cover the inconsistencies in the original trilogy, and only digging himself a bigger hole.

Midi-bloody-chlorians indeed.
    by James Anthony at 11:45 on 16 January 2004
    That was my problem with Matrix. It was a great concept that didn't need some intellectualism in it. They could have cut loads out of 2. 3 was better, though agreed.

Star Wars! P'ah!
    by Jumbo at 18:07 on 16 January 2004
    As for the Matrix Trilogy - they could have, should have, cut out 2 completely - it contributed nothing!

John
  • This 19 message thread spans 2 pages:  < <   1  2