Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

• ECPM Books Closed
    by Elspeth at 17:26 on 23 January 2004
    I'm putting this notice all over the place and updating all relevant forums to let people know that I've had to close the books for now. The response from the forum has been fantastic - many thanks to all of you who sent your work in. I'll let you know when we're next on the lookout, but for now, we are no longer accepting unsolicited submissions.

Katie
  • Re: ECPM Books Closed
    by word`s worth at 20:18 on 23 January 2004
    Closed the books? Thanks to all who've sent in work?? Does this mean that even if you've submitted something - it won't be considered now? Sorry, novice here...don't know what that means.

I take it I should be receiving another rejection in the post any day now??

Eh, what the hell...bring it on, man.

Nahed.
    by Jumbo at 23:41 on 23 January 2004
    Now, come on Wordy.

You're not going to get all moody and despondent on us again are you? If you do that I'll have to break out the smilies, and then we'll all be in trouble!

John x
    by old friend at 11:02 on 25 January 2004
    Katie,

I am sure that all will join me in thanking you for being part of 'the Gang' over these last weeks. I hope that it will not be too long before you once again accept submissions.

I have not posted nor sent any work to you for a number of reasons, nor do I intend to, but it has been noticeable how the hopes and thoughts of many Members have been raised simply by your 'being there'. Thanks.

Len
    by Dee at 11:09 on 25 January 2004
    Well said, Len.

Katie, I hope you'll stay with us despite closing the book on submissions.

Dee
    x
    by Jumbo at 11:11 on 25 January 2004
    Katie

I'm with Len and Dee there.

Thanks for all the support and hope you have given us over the past few weeeks.

It's greatly appreciated.

John
    by word`s worth at 11:29 on 25 January 2004
    Jumbo...

Sorry, I missed your comment to me. Me, despondent?? Nah, nothing keeps me down for long...generally! As far as rejections go, the support I've received from on-line strangers, who are quickly becoming very dear friends to me, banishes any 'lows' that threaten to veer my way.

Katie, hope you didn't take my post above to be an angry one - it wasn't. I just didn't understand fully what you were saying. However, it did not surprise me that you closed the books...I've already written somewhere that I 'wondered what you had gotten yourself into' by announcing your accepting submissions. The volume of work that must have been sent in must have been, and clearly was, overwhelming.

But I join the others in saying that your presence, advice, comments, input and banter with us here was very much appreciated and I hope that you find your way back to us from under the mountain of paper!

The Praline Lover
    Nahed
    by Elspeth at 12:27 on 26 January 2004
    Thanks everyone. Just to clarify, if you've already sent something in then I'll consider it as usual. It took several months for the slush pile to really build up, but in that time I've found several authors who I'll be working with in the future, so I just need to pace myself. Neverending expansion isn't possible, we can only deal with a few new writers at a time, so that's why I'm slowing things down for a bit.

And yeah, I'm sure I'll still be popping my head round the door....

Katie