Login   Sign Up 

This 25 message thread spans 2 pages:  < <   1  2 > >  
  • Re: Don`t call us.......
    by Dee at 19:56 on 08 February 2004
    Hey! I've got a piccy of Courtney Love and her little girl on our fridge (also, in case anyone is interested, Brad Pitt, Pierce Brosnan and my dog)

I don't have a thing about Ms Love but I am a Nirvana fan. I thought Kurt Cobain had the most gorgeous eyes and their little girl, Frances, has them too.

Dee

by Sue H at 20:03 on 08 February 2004
    Hey Dee,
    Now my friend Annick had the great misfortune to work for Ms. Love. She is the most obnoxious, rude, off-her-trolley person on earth. Should be locked up and hopefully will be. Nasty, nasty, nasty and really should not be in charge of a child. But I adored Kurt Cobain too!
    Sue

Dawn - I would never never want to be the Britney - manufactured crap! Alana Morrisette (even if I can't spell her name and can't be bothered to look it up!)
    by Friday at 20:06 on 08 February 2004
    Dee

I love Nirvana too, saw them at Reading had a great weekend.

Poor Kurt, all the fame and responsibility, he wasn’t gonna make it was he?

Ah, bless his soul.

Courtney has written good songs, I agree she a complete nut but also a complete artist, so I let her off.

Dawn,

by Friday at 20:13 on 08 February 2004
    I think the agent meant Cecelia Ahern is young - not sure,

The right agent for you is one passionate about your work.

Dawn,

by Sue H at 20:26 on 08 February 2004
    I was there too!!! Damned good, wasn't it? No, Courtney is a bloody nightmare. Really. There I was in Boots in Bromley while she yelled and screamed at my friend on two different mobile phones! Oh, she is SO grim. I could go on but would probably be sued.......
    Sue

How about the Young Gods? Am I the only one who loved them?????
    by Dee at 20:39 on 08 February 2004
    Stop it you two!!! You're making me jealous!!!

ee.
    by Jumbo at 22:46 on 08 February 2004
    I've done the music thing - as a songwriter, not a performer. Submitting tapes to people to get feedback, being told the material had potential, and then the repeated rejection slips when you try and place the work with music publishers.

Just lke writing, in that respect I guess. I still play the demo tapes sometimes; bit like we dig out and read our 'old' scribblings and writings. Some of it was okay - some truly awful - but I still think there were some small gems in there! They just didn't know what they were missing. (Or maybe they did!)

Ah, well! Back to the book!!

John
    by NaijaChiqa at 06:45 on 09 February 2004
    speaking of books starting off slow... in 8th grade, we had to read 'To Sir With Love,' for literature and I had to stab myself to keep awake reading the first four chapters... but it got really good later on... oh well, who knows what publishers want? I am yet to send anything off, but even though I write 'literary' fiction, my really fun 'chick lit' novel is practically finished... I am not sure if I should send it off.
    by Account Closed at 09:00 on 09 February 2004
    I think I'm going to write something for submission and mail it around a bit. All these rejection letters... I feel like I'm missing out.
    by Sue H at 09:04 on 09 February 2004
    You can have some of mine! I've got some spare. On second thoughts, everyone should experience the joy of the photocopied standard letter. Did they read your work? Did they give a toss? No. But you keep on trying. And you never know IB, you might strike it lucky first time round. Just remember your old mates when you sign that six figure contract!
    Sue
  • This 25 message thread spans 2 pages:  < <   1  2 > >