Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

This 45 message thread spans 3 pages:  < <   1  2  3  > >  
  • Re: Short story writers wanted by the BBC!
    by anisoara at 11:43 on 31 March 2004
    Knox -

That's a very kind offer! :-)

Olebut,

I think I might visit that site you provided and air my views. This is rather serious.

Ani
    by Sue H at 10:54 on 03 April 2004
    I read the stuff and I think anyone can enter. And can you do your own video diary? I certainly won't be doing one!

Has anyone looked at the stories yet? What have you chosed? I've put myself down for the Alexie Sayle one - looks quite funny!

Sue
    by Paperback at 20:14 on 07 April 2004
    Just got an email. I've got on the show, doubt i'll pogress too far in the comp though. Ho-hum, this is life.

Matt
    by Sue H at 22:12 on 07 April 2004
    Fantastic! Tell me how it works then? I've put myself down for an email to tell me when the stories are ready for viewing and I'll then add my bit. So are you one of the ones they follow with a camera? How brilliant! Which story are you going to do? Do they follow you round when you write it etc etc. Then what?
    Sue
    Good luck...!!!
    by SamMorris at 18:45 on 17 April 2004
    Just a quick reminder, the TV launch of the BBC End of Story competition is imminent. It's on BBC2 tomorrow (18 mar) at 10:00pm, and is presented by Claudia Winkleman.

<Added>

More info can be found here
    by haunted at 14:49 on 18 April 2004
    Just caught up with this thread, just in time by the looks of it.

I'll be off on the search for a copy of the eight beginnings in the book drop tomorrow. I was both shocked and amazed that my little home town seems to have been included for once.

Best of luck to all, especially those appearing on TV.
    by Colin-M at 09:13 on 19 April 2004
    The treasure hunt starts today. I've solved at least part of the Durham area - but I don't think I'm going to have the chance of getting to a shop today.

Colin M
    by Sue H at 09:27 on 19 April 2004
    I'm off to Bromley - Ottakers and Waterstones have books there I think! If we find them we get an extra two weeks to write. Has anyone seen the stories yet? I missed the programme last night. Off to look at the site.
    by haunted at 12:49 on 19 April 2004
    Yay! I have my copy, although when i went into Ottakers they didn't know anything about the book and it took 30 minutes for them to find it in the stock room. But at least i have it now.

Oh and, for everyone that can't get one, i'll be selling each beginning for £20.

by KnoxOverstreet at 13:12 on 19 April 2004
    Got mine too. Will be selling each beginning for £19 a go.
    by Sue H at 13:39 on 19 April 2004
    I got 2 copies. £17.50 excellent condition. unread....
    Ottakers were totally clueless so I went to Waterstones where they were cunningly hidden in a pile on the counter!
    Sue
    by Daisy at 14:05 on 19 April 2004
    I got mine at a local police station! (Which was the only reason I went there BTW....)
    by SamMorris at 14:43 on 19 April 2004
    Hurrah, got one too. I have to say the clue on the web site was about as helpful as a chocolate teapot. The truth is I had to hassle an unsuspecting passer by who I spotted clutching a copy in order to find out where they were. It turns out that they were in the Oxfam second hand bookshop. I will give my copy to anyone who can explain this shops relation to the clue, 'A good place to make reservations'

(but not until June 01 - in case I’m being a bit slow

by Colin-M at 15:24 on 19 April 2004
    Well, I have to admit to my inability to do anagrams very well. I managed to convert trees sawn to quite successfully (I thought) into "New Toasters" - so I obviously thought that some books would be hidden in new toasters in electrical retailers throughout the region. I was almost leaving the house when I realised just how stupid that sounded, looked at it again and got Waterstones and then Ottakars. There is an Ottakars in Sunderland so I phoned them. They admitted to having them over the phone. I thought they would be hidden around the shop. Anyway, I shot down there and got the last copy - but that's not the boring bit of the story. When I got back to the bus station I saw one that someone had left on a seat at my own bus stop (well, not actually my own but you know what I mean). I was with the kids, so it was okay to shout "whoohooo, just what I've been looking for" and picked it up. I was a bit annoyed that someone must have went into the shop, picked it up and just discarded it. It was a good twenty minutes later that I remembered the other clue and realised that this was left here on purpose.

And so, to cut a long boring story a little shorter, I have two copies. I'll send the spare to the most entertaining WWMAIL I get with a reason for wanting one.

(ps - the stories are pretty entertaining unfinished)

Colin M
    by Colin-M at 15:26 on 19 April 2004
    oh bugger, there I go, repeating myself. Sorry about that. Thicko Geordie, no idea of technology, bla bla bla.

Colin M
  • This 45 message thread spans 3 pages:  < <   1  2  3  > >