Login   Sign Up 

• The Times / Vintage Classics Ghost Story Competition
    by NMott at 22:34 on 01 September 2007
    The Times / Vintage Classics Ghost Story Competition:

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/books/fiction/article2361505.ece

2000 word (max.) ghost story.

Prizes aren't much to write home about, but it looks like fun. Maybe we should post some up on WW for Halloween

- NaomiM

How to enter
    The Times / Vintage Classics Ghost Story Competition
    Have you got a great idea for a ghost story? Enter our competition and you could see your story printed in The Times, as well as winning a night for two in a haunted hotel and a set of classic Hallowe’en tales.

The competition will be judged by the author Susan Hill, Erica Wagner, literary editor of The Times, and Liz Foley, editorial director of Vintage Classics. First prize is a night for two in a hotel listed on hauntedhotelguide.com plus a set of six Hallowe’en tales published by Vintage Classics. Two runners-up will each win the set of Hallowe’en tales plus a new Vintage Classic each month for a year. The winning story will be published in The Times, and all three selected stories will be posted at vintage-classics.info

Stories must be no more than 2,000 words. The competition is open to residents of the UK and ROI aged 18 and over only. Only one entry per person. Please e-mail submissions to bookscomp@thetimes.co.uk or post to The Times/Vintage Classics Ghost Story Competition, Books, The Times, 1 Pennington Street, London E98 1TT. We cannot return or acknowledge submissions. Include your name, address, and a daytime telephone number. If e-mailing an attachment, please make sure it is in Microsoft Word format and include contact details in the attachment as well as the body of the e-mail. Submissions must be received by noon on Monday October 1, 2007. Winners will be notified by October 22 and announced on October 27.

• Re: The Times / Vintage Classics Ghost Story Competition
    by Account Closed at 18:20 on 02 September 2007
    I'm up for it! Got an idea too!

JB
    by Gillian75 at 14:10 on 27 September 2007
    a night for two in a haunted hotel

*shudders*

I don't think I'll enter in case I win that prize
    by optimist at 14:29 on 27 September 2007
    Yes - not sure ghosts are for me - I prefer them on the page - but - couldn't resist!

Good luck everyone!

Sarah
    by NMott at 14:46 on 27 September 2007
    You too