Login   Sign Up 

• NEW OPPORTUNITY FOR DRAMA WRITERS FROM C4
    by vallison at 12:19 on 08 October 2007
    PILOT: A unique development opportunity for new drama writers, with the chance to have your work screened on Channel 4.

Channel 4's 4Talent introduces PILOT, a unique opportunity for new writers to create a drama for the channel that brought you the award-winning Shameless and Sex Traffic.

Take part in industry trainnig by Channel 4 series writers and drama producers, develop your script and series treatment and pitch to win a commission for a pilot episode.

To get your work seen by commissioning editors and have your drama produced and screened no Channel 4, go to channel4.com/pilot

Deadline for entries is 23rd November 2007.

PILOT: Making a dramatic difference

http://www.channel4.com/pilot
  • Re: NEW OPPORTUNITY FOR DRAMA WRITERS FROM C4
    by SarahT at 21:46 on 08 October 2007
    It's an interesting looking competition but I must confess, I am completely in the dark about how to write a treatment. Any tips anyone?

S
    by Anna Reynolds at 10:53 on 10 October 2007
    SarahT, you will get some good advice on writing treatments possibly from the Film/Tv writers group- and Site Expert Jubbly is, in fact, an expert in that area, so maybe you could ask her/post? I've written many in my time, some successful, some not, and they are, er, challenging. Basically, a summary of what you want to write, story, characters, genre, style, etc, but in as exciting a way as possible- a selling document. And usually quite short- sometimes only a page or two, sometimes a whole 'bible'- story development, character notes, etc.
    by foundit at 21:15 on 10 October 2007
    Is a treatment the same as a synopsis?
    by SarahT at 17:29 on 13 October 2007
    Thanks Anna. I know where to start if I need to but as I've just spotted the Childrens writers competition thread think I might now have to pass on this competition. (Think I need one of those time turner things that Hermione Granger had...!)

S