Login   Sign Up 

• Life Writing opportunity - win £1,000
    by anisoara at 20:57 on 28 November 2004
    I've copied this from the site http://www.toowrite.com/:

"The site which gives you the chance to win a regular £1,000 prize for writing about any experience in your life.

"We are looking for well-written, compelling stories. The subject matter is not important, but the story must be true, should be no longer than 1,500 words, be written in the first person and be previously unpublished.

"Every entry we receive is featured on the site - and it's completely free to enter!

"The deadline for our latest competition is Wednesday, January 5, 2005, at noon (GMT)."

<Added>

The above link is a bit wonky with the colon at the end; use this one instead:

http://www.toowrite.com/
  • Re: Life Writing opportunity - win £1,000
    by Account Closed at 21:05 on 28 November 2004
    Hi Ani,
    I've entered that one before. They get a LOT of entries esp at the last minute but entry is free...

Elspeth
    by anisoara at 22:12 on 28 November 2004
    It's a good opportunity, isn't it? For free. And if a piece doesn't win, then since it's been polished for a comp, it'll be ready, or near ready, to submit somewhere else!

I think I'm still trying to write a piece about ski lift experiences for the Travel group. (Just a LITTLE late.....) Probably too frivolous for this comp.

Ani
    by Nell at 08:44 on 29 November 2004
    Ani, I think you should be awarded a special little robe for market investigative services to WW! Maybe blue with silver stars?

Nell.

<Added>

The link works better if you remove the colon at the end!
    by anisoara at 08:58 on 29 November 2004
    Ooh, Nell, you're embarrassing me! ;-) Naw, I just feel like sharing when I come across these things. I've got lots more, because I've been doing the market research segment of a Writers' Bureau course, but if I posted everything I would permanently tie up the site! (This market research assignment is never-ending - only my second assignment and I feel I will never finish it!)

And you are right about that colon; I've edited it out in an update of the initial post.

Ani
    by lieslj at 17:35 on 29 November 2004
    I really appreciate being notified of competitions and calls for subs.

Thanks Ani,

Liesl
    by anisoara at 17:45 on 29 November 2004
    Then I shall keep on doing it! Thanks, Liesl!

Ani
    by lieslj at 03:00 on 30 November 2004
    Very good! Very glad!

L