Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

This 35 message thread spans 3 pages:  < <   1  2  3  > >  
  • Re: Jai is a finalist for the Million Writers Award
    by Silverelli at 21:43 on 01 March 2005
    Jai, I just voted for you. Holy S, it's gonna be hard to catch up with "Ryan Seacrest is Famous" which, btw, was pretty damn good. But, you're my horse Jai, WW has to pull together and VOTE!
    by anisoara at 08:16 on 02 March 2005
    Voted for you!!!!!!
    by anisoara at 08:18 on 02 March 2005
    You're in third place so far. Barrelhouse magazine has sent out an email to everyone to vote for their candidate. I'd say contct everyone we can about Jai's story!

Go Jai!!!
    by Jardinery at 15:50 on 02 March 2005
    many thanks Ani and Adam. I won't win but have to try! thank you for your support
    by JoPo at 00:37 on 05 March 2005
    Jai, just to say (now that I'm back on as a member) that I have voted for you and 'Bone on Bone', which I think is a really fine work. I read a few of the other stories (not them all I confess) including the 'front runner' and although there is good work in the field your story has 'em beat.

Good luck!
    Joe
    by Jardinery at 14:04 on 05 March 2005
    Hi Joe

thank you! Much appreciated!

and anyone else's too!
    by JoPo at 21:52 on 05 March 2005
    Colleagues - I noticed when I logged on and got into the 'comments' bit, after the vote, that 1) if you don't actually mention who you voted for, the comment is totally unanchored (so my comments and most other people's are in a kind of limbo - this doesn't affect the vote but it's annoying) and 2) someone claimed that people were voting twice and it was possible to do so ... shudder, shudder, shades of 'vote early, vote often'. However, I would hope that any unscrupulous double-voting would be recognised by the organisers.

Joe
    by Jardinery at 09:42 on 06 March 2005
    there's something weird going on that's for sure. as of yesterday morning I was consistently in 3rd place and everyone was accelerating with eth same amount of votes each day. then yesterday afternoon I noticed that the guy who was 20 vote sin front of me was now over 80 votes etc and other had had what looked like an injection of b12 up heir bums! it's almost as if a group of people got together to even out the playing field. weird.

anyway it's all silly nonsense and I give up! it's a humiliating system anyway. very stupid.

But I want to thank everyone for al their help and support.
    by crowspark at 12:16 on 13 March 2005
    Jai,
    I have just read Bone on Bone which really knocked me out - wonderful writing.
    I have voted for you.
    Best
    Bill
    by Jardinery at 15:30 on 13 March 2005
    thank you Bill - very kind of you - appreciate it!
    by Nell at 19:00 on 13 March 2005
    Jai, I loved Bone on Bone when you first posted it on WW - a year or so ago. I've just been to vote - it and you deserve to win.

Nell.
    by Jardinery at 10:36 on 15 March 2005
    thanks Nell. your support and encouragement means a lot.
    by Jubbly at 13:59 on 15 March 2005
    Ditto Jai, wonderful story I voted last week, fingers and knees crossed.

Julie
    x
    by anisoara at 14:03 on 15 March 2005
    Yes, Jai's doing well - third place and gaining on second at the moment. I have voted, also. I wonder if it would let you vote again, or if it is impossible. Though it does say to vote only once. (Now that's a shame!)

I told everyone at the poetry group I went to last night about the comp, and that Jai is from Cornwall, and that they should go and take a look. I'm meeting with some more writers tomorrow and will tel them, too - in fact, I will write the website information on little bits of paper so they won't forget where to go.... :-)

Ani
    by Silverelli at 17:42 on 15 March 2005
    What's going with this Jai? Is the voting still going on?

On a sidenote: Can I buy the adult film rights to "bone on bone", I promise not to change the title?
  • This 35 message thread spans 3 pages:  < <   1  2  3  > >