Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

• oh my!
    by Tingletetra at 12:57 on 17 May 2014
    this was supposed to have written the following:
    oh me oh my oh what joy! I entered a very very small competition, it was my very first one and I came in third place!! I just had to share it with you guys because I now feel like I am officially a writer (not that winning a competition makes your writer but somehow it's given me a weird validation that my writing really is okay/readable/of some sort of standard!). I just had to share it with this community because I have learnt so much being on here and with the support and help of everyone giving feedback on bits and pieces I've done and being able to also critique others; it's all help me improve my confidence and ability. So, thank you!(I won a £25 gift voucher to Marks & Spencer's, so an imaginary round of drinks is on me!)

Edited by Tingletetra at 13:17:00 on 17 May 2014
  • Re: oh my!
    by TassieDevil at 13:39 on 17 May 2014
    Congratulations. It's a great feeling to know that other people appreciate your writing and regard  it as being worthy of a prize. You've done well.
    by AlanH at 16:25 on 17 May 2014

I have learnt so much being on here and with the support and help of everyone giving feedback on bits and pieces I've done and being able to also critique others; it's all help me improve my confidence and ability.

Ditto. Now reap the rewards. Congratulations.
    by EmmaD at 21:16 on 17 May 2014
    Oh, that's brilliant! Many congratulations!

It's true - something like a competition does say that someone who isn't your mother or your friends, coming to your writing from cold, as it were, thought it was terrific.
    by Catkin at 02:25 on 19 May 2014
    Fantastic news! Very well done!
    by Manusha at 17:10 on 21 May 2014
    Well done, Tingletetra, I hope it's the beginning of many more successes. smiley