Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

This 67 message thread spans 5 pages:  < <   1   2   3   4  5 
  • Re: Reading makes you sexier- it`s official
    by crowspark at 22:29 on 22 April 2004
    I spend a lot of time in libraries so I am lucky that they are to my taste and enable me to read widely for free. I already have a house full of books so borrowing seems an excellent idea. I suppose reading in a library may not make me sexier but I still find many of them to be miraculous in their own way.
    by crowspark at 22:30 on 22 April 2004
    I spend a lot of time in libraries so I am lucky that they are to my taste and enable me to read widely for free. I already have a house full of books so borrowing seems an excellent idea. I suppose reading in a library may not make me sexier but I still find many of them to be miraculous in their own way.

<Added>

Oops, seem to be repeating myself, perhaps it is the first sign of becoming sexier?
    by James Anthony at 11:38 on 26 April 2004
    Surely it depends on what you're reading.

If, for instance, I am reading Dostoyevsky I think the women might be a little more impressed than when I might be reading the new Batman graphic novel, or the manga comics I get. I do read both after all - and have even read a Star Wars book because someone told me that Luke turns to the dark side in them and I wanted to see how...

I am guessing the Batman, manga and star wars novels make me geeky rather than sexy, but the Dostoyevsky might make me sexy. Depends on what I am reading on the day.

But actually reading might make me sexier because hold it up high enough and I can hide my face!
    by Account Closed at 13:19 on 26 April 2004
    If there is anything that can swiftly boil my blood and bring me into a seething, hateful rage, threatening to burst vessels and lash out, it's people interrupting me while I'm reading.

I know I look sexy. I don't need some febrile, sexually frustrated female to tell me this while I'm clearly pre-occupied looking at something far more interesting than she is likely to be.

Besides, any woman impressed by the simple fact that I'm able to lift a book and flick the pages at my own lazy pace needs to get out more.
    by Account Closed at 16:51 on 29 April 2004
    Batman? Geeky? No way! Some of the Batman graphic novels are the most adult, mature, original works being produced today. I mean, Look at 'Dark Knight Returns' if you don't believe me, or 'Killing Joke'.

Both are absolute classics.

If I saw a guy reading a comic, I'd be seriously impressed, but I guess that doesn't help you I've never approached anyone just because they were reading.

Have you read Sandman? Now, that's what I call contemporary literature at its very best.

James x

<Added>

IB - a touch mysoginist maybe...?
    by Account Closed at 17:16 on 29 April 2004
    And then some, James.
    by Account Closed at 10:48 on 30 April 2004
    I bet it's all really just a front. Underneath all that angst and passion I bet you're as soft and cuddly as a teddy bear

Lol!

James x
  • This 67 message thread spans 5 pages:  < <   1   2   3   4  5