Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

This 17 message thread spans 2 pages:  < <   1  2 
  • Re: How do you arrange your books?
    by Dee at 13:10 on 01 July 2007
    More to do with cataloguing than arranging, but I've just found this:

http://www.collectorz.com/book/

I've downloaded a free trial and it’s incredibly easy to use. You just type in the ISBN or the title/author then it searches Amazon, or wherever you ask it, and downloads the info. I like it, so far.

Dee
  • Re: How do you arrange your books?
    by Dafydd at 21:01 on 08 July 2007
    Have just complete a small library room, and am still pondering then answer to your original thread question, Emma.
    Of course, not all of the books will fit in there, so still have quite a-lot of books in other rooms.
    Have "organised" (I really don't deserve to use that word in this context, but heh) all hardbacks in the library, and some paperbacks. Still loads of paperbacks floating about elsewhere, without any rhyme or reason, really.
    Then, when the library got full (seemed to happen very quickly), had a serious sort out, and gave lots away to local charity shop.
    Now I have the remainder set out in a fairly haphazard manner, but with some "bunching" (reference books more or less together, nice looking Folio books together etc.). And room to buy more books (no sense in that statement, really, as there are still loads of homeless paperbacks in the house, but heh, again)!
    Temperamentally, I quite like this, as it allows me to browse, but organised it ain't!
  • This 17 message thread spans 2 pages:  < <   1  2