Login   Sign Up 

• Anyone interested in asking P D James a question?
    by Anna Reynolds at 15:16 on 14 October 2004
    The next BBC World Service World Book Club on Thurs 4th November will be featuring the well-loved crime writer PD James talking about her novel 'Original Sin' and the BBc have contacted us to say: 'I felt this might be of interest to members of your website and that you may like to let people know about it …and start sending in questions for PD James.

Anyone interested can send in a question for PD James to: worldbookclub@bbc.co.uk as soon as possible (must be by the end of this month) and we may be able to read it out on the programme or even contact the author of the question and record them asking their question to PD James, live on the air, if they give us their telephone contact details.

There is also the opportunity for people to attend the event in person at and meet the great writer herself, if they are in London on 4th November (recording Thursday 4th November 2004 at 6.20pm at BBC World Service Radio, Bush House, The Strand, London, WC2B 4PH).'

So go for it if you're a fan!
  • Re: Anyone interested in asking P D James a question?
    by Al T at 16:46 on 14 October 2004
    Thanks for the info, Anna. PD James came to speak once at one of my college reunions, and she was very impressive. She's one of those people who used to get up very early in the morning to write before going out to work fulltime, and then would write again at night after her children have gone to bed - a truly remarkable women.

Adele.

<Added>

had gone - they're grown up now!
    by Anna Reynolds at 08:58 on 15 October 2004
    Thanks for this Adele- brings to mind an excellent article in this latest Mslexia about how to find time to write when you have children, interviewing lots of the great women novelists about their dilemmas; they reckon you lose 2 novels for every child.
    by Al T at 15:36 on 15 October 2004
    Thanks for the heads up on the article, Anna - I'll be sure to check it out.