Login   Sign Up 

• Sick Humour
    by Neil Nixon at 20:37 on 06 December 2004
    Gets a bad press sometimes. Does anyone out there share my love of a good stomach churning/politically incorrect joke? If so, who do you rate as the best writer(s) in the field?

I've spent ages tracking down some old classics including Robert Klane's 'Where's Poppa?' I also love Alexei Sayle's first collection of short stories - 'Barcelona Plates' - for its title story and the 'Brialliant Career' story that tells it like it is about being a scriptwriter. Great punchline on that one where the writer - under severe deadline stress - has a terrible car crash, spends hours in theatre and gets gallons of blood transfused. His view of the people who save his life.......'C***s!'
  • Re: Sick Humour
    by Colin-M at 22:21 on 06 December 2004
    Yup, big fan of Barcelona Plates, and that story in particular. I nearly fell over at the punchline.

As for sick humour, I think Little Britain is pushing a few boundaries at the mo. Especially the young bloke with the granny fetish - I can barely watch that.

Colin M
    by James Anthony at 09:44 on 07 December 2004
    For me it has to be Brass Eye, and not just for the paedophile special, although I especially liked the bit where Chris Morris has brought his kid into the studio and asks the paedophile (played by Simon Pegg) if he fancies his son. When he says no he gets all jealous and can't understand why. Chris Morris is a genius. Of course, there is also JAM but that scares the shit out of me!
    by Sue H at 16:20 on 07 December 2004
    Only an email I was sent but it's pictorial. It's about tourettes syndrome and is, so it seems, from a charitable organisation trying to raise money to fund arts and crafts projects for the children suffering from this dreadful illness. They say that they are starting to achieve real results and that more funding is needed to buy materials to keep the project going. They then tell you to look at the attached image to see how the youngsters are enjoying the project. Cut to a boy of about 8, at an art table, holding up a hand painted sign that said C**T (but without the stars!).
    Suex
    by Colin-M at 20:11 on 07 December 2004
    I got the same thing, but without any waffle. It just said, "Mute Tourettes" and a pick of a little girl (about 6) holding up a card above her head with same four letter word.

A friend of mine is a vicar, yet he nearly fell over laughing when he read a T-shirt which read in clear, bold letters "JESUS LOVES YOU" and then in smaller, lower case letters underneath was the line "everyone else thinks you're a c*nt" (without the star)

Colin M
    (ps anyone hear Chris Morris's broadcast on Boxing Day a few years ago announcing that Jimmy Saville was dead?)
    by Sue H at 20:16 on 07 December 2004
    Boy, do I ever want that t-shirt!!!!

S
    x