Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

This 17 message thread spans 2 pages:  < <   1  2 
  • Re: The Rum Diary by Hunter S.Thompson
    by anisoara at 16:01 on 02 June 2005
    I love the Penzance area. Lately I've been going to this evening of readings at the beginning of the month at a place called the Yam Cafe at the top of the causeway in Penzance. Do you remember the causeway?

We're in Falmouth, although my boyfriend has also got a cottage down at the Lizard so we're usually down there on weekends. (Well, at least he is, but my writing group meets twice a month on Saturday mornings, so I'm there less often.) The Lizard is ultra-dramatic! The cliff walks are fantastic, but the problem being in Falmouth is I keep heading south toward the Helford, because there's this network of rivers and estuaries and I can't go north or east unless I take a ferry or someone takes me in their boat. My boyfriend's a fisherman, so sometimes he does, but he's usually out on the water by 7 am, and I'm usually not ready for THAT.

Lots of writers and creatives out this way.
  • Re: The Rum Diary by Hunter S.Thompson
    by Account Closed at 17:04 on 02 June 2005
    Yes, it really is inspiring. Loads of 'em here in Brighton. I remember the Yam Cafe, it's next to that little bookshop isn't it?

St.Just-in-Roseland is nice too. I know Falmouth quite well as my mum used to live there before she relocated to France.

JB
  • This 17 message thread spans 2 pages:  < <   1  2