Login   Sign Up 

• Anne Rice
    by Account Closed at 18:15 on 04 April 2006
    Any fans out there? I've just returned to The Vampire Chronicals after a few years absence, picking up Memnoch the Devil, which is turning out to be rather good.

I think I like her involvement with her characters, in particular Lestat. I bought and watched the special edition of Interview With The Vampire at the weekend and had forgotten what a great film it is. Shame about Queen of the Damned though. It was ok as a movie I guess, but I really do think they should have made at least the initial trilogy in the same style as the first movie.

The only book I read outside the Vampire ones is The Mummy, which I also enjoyed when I was younger. Some have said that Rice is overdoing it on The Vampire Chronicals but I'm on book 5 and not bored yet. The Vampire Armand is sitting on my shelf waiting to be devoured too!

JB
  • Re: Anne Rice
    by optimist at 20:20 on 04 April 2006
    I like Armand - love the idea that he just waits for his doomed lovers to walk into his arms.

Gorgeous character! Definitely one of my favourite vampires.

Sarah

• Re: Anne Rice
    by Account Closed at 10:59 on 05 April 2006
    I'm looking forward to his story.

As a side note, do you know that the film company that held the rights to Anne Rice's first three vampire books were going to make all three films with Pitt and Cruise. They had two years left to do it, and despite Anne Rice's protests and offer to do a screenplay for free, they crammed the latter two books into one movie and thus we have the undercooked Queen of the Damned?

Annoying isn't it?

JB