Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

This 17 message thread spans 2 pages:  < <   1  2 
  • Re: Dear diary....
    by NaijaChiqa at 07:14 on 15 January 2004
    I plan my character's life... so it's her Diary so the entries are connected.

You can check it out at http://www.geocities.com/selfprofessedlunatic

However, I've 'taken' it off, so if you want to read the entire diary, after Week 4, instead of clicking on 'next', go to the browser and increase the number by one i.e /diary3 to /diary4

and yeah, ignore the typos and grammartical errors.

<Added>

yeah... I've been doing it for almost two years now and even though I procrastinate heavily... it's been fun.
  • Re: Dear diary....
    by Account Closed at 12:04 on 15 January 2004
    Sue,

I never plan my writing out in advance on paper. I prefer it to be fresh when I'm writing, stream of consciousness [sub-consciousness], that kind of thing. My favourite thing about writing is when I'm writing one day, then thinking what I'm going to write for the next day as I'm writing, kind of thinking ahead, all the possibilities of the characters and the scenarios. That's when it's exciting for me, and when I write things that I never even planned, if that makes any sense I never write any of this planning down, I just keep the fun bit in my head.

Characters in what I write are usually formed by their dialogue as I write it, I think I carry that over from when I used to write scripts. It's helpful to the set the scene with dialogue sometimes then enhance it with a narrative. A lot of my short stories, depending on the subject start with dialogue as a basis.

The diary just contains information on what I've written that day. Most of it is taken up with info. on what part of the novel I've written each day, ideas for short stories, progression of the writing for those short stories, future ideas, just things like that. And a word count as well to make sure I'm sticking to my daily minimum. It's good fun, but if I ever lost the journal, my god I'd lose all of my future material *eek*

Steven
  • This 17 message thread spans 2 pages:  < <   1  2