Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

• Anyone heard of the UK Writers` College?
    by debac at 15:46 on 15 April 2013
  • Re: Anyone heard of the UK Writers` College?
    by debac at 12:18 on 16 April 2013
    That looks like a no, then.
    by EmmaD at 12:41 on 16 April 2013
    It's a no from me - I had a look at the site and it looks pretty new, launched on the basis of similar setups in various Commonwealth countries

I haven't heard of any of the writers who teach there, not in a bad way, obviously: just that it's hard to get a measure of what it's like if none of the names mean anything. When it comes down to it, it is so difficult to know whether someone will be a good teacher or not, except by personal recommendation.

If you were eyeing any of the courses, you could google the tutor and see what else they've done in the teaching line, IYSWIM.
    by debac at 17:19 on 16 April 2013
    Thanks Emma. That's a really good idea. I really ought to get on with my novel and not do another course right now, but I did like the look of some of what they offer, so useful to know if it's koshe. X
    by debac at 01:36 on 18 April 2013
    Looked up the tutor on one of the courses, and she had books on Goodreads but nothing on Amazon. Curious.

Oh well, I really ought to stop procrastinating with courses and get on with the bl**** rewrite instead (and read some of those good writing books I've just got hold of).
    by EmmaD at 10:01 on 18 April 2013
    I think it's horribly easy to become a bit of a course junkie - it feels like working on your writing, and it is, but on the other hand what it's not, is writing the novel.
    by debac at 16:01 on 18 April 2013
    Yes. I think Harry Bingham mentioned that at Getting Published. Somebody did, anyway. I can definitely see that in myself.

I think I should confine myself to reading good writing books for the moment. Cheaper, probably more effective in some ways and less in other ways than a course, and it won't distract me from my rewrite.

Thanks Emma.
  • Law Essay Writers
    by georgelyon333 at 08:01 on 22 September 2021
    Students can use the services of highly qualified <a href="https://www.britishessaywriters.co.uk/law-essay-writing.php">law essay writers</a> from British Essay Writers. We offer services 24/7 to satisfy the academic demands of students who are having trouble completing their assignments on time. When we're behind you, you don't have to be concerned. Place your purchase now to take advantage of our professionals' services.
    by adamboss at 16:59 on 11 January 2022
    The U.K. Writers College offers a four-year course for those who want to become professional copywriters and content writers. This course is designed for those who have an interest in the field of writing and want to be recognized for their talent through formal qualifications. They offer courses on journalism, scriptwriting, TV production, radio production, copywriting and content writing. I saw a detailed review of this service here https://top20writingservices.com/ but can't find it now...

Edited by adamboss at 17:03:00 on 11 January 2022