Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

• Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear...
    by Tabitha at 00:05 on 04 December 2003
    A while ago, I posted a link to help writers with wordiness, only to discover that not too many people here were remotely interested in improving their writing for publishing purposes. :-((((

To upset those people even more, may I suggest that they read 'Solutions for Writers' by Sol Stein, ISBN 0-285-63525-5.

I don't agree with everythingit contains, but it's a 'must read' by anyone who seriously hopes to be published. Read and enjoy!:-))))
  • Re: Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear...
    by Dee at 00:17 on 04 December 2003
    From what I remember of your 'wordiness' thread, Tabitha, I do think you are being a little harsh here...

Dee.
    by old friend at 06:47 on 04 December 2003
    Hi Tabitha,
    I did have a look at the 'wordiness' site. Interesting but obvious although I guess any genuine 'help ' is to be welcomed.

I have noted your past comments on grammar and I did look for examples of your work but without success. It is not unknown for me to 'press the wrong keys' but I am interested in reading some of your work but I cannot find...

Regards,

Len
    by Nell at 07:55 on 04 December 2003
    '...not too many people here were remotely interested in improving their writing for publishing purposes.'

It's sad. That long discussion, all those points of view succinctly put yet misunderstood.
    by Account Closed at 08:52 on 04 December 2003
    Some people did misunderstand the point that was trying to be put across, but having read the wordiness link that was posted, I found myself disagreeing with a lot of it, although some good points were made. I wouldn't take anything like that as gospel, but more like friendly advice if you want to take it.
    by olebut at 09:08 on 05 December 2003
    when I saw the title I thought it was a piece about Joan Hickson and her Miss Marple (

that apart despite not agreeing with some of your posts the discussion they stimulated was good

and it is good to see you back Tabitha

take care

david
    by Tabitha at 22:01 on 14 December 2003
    A gentle reminder that I didn't actually WRITE the information and advice contained in the link I originally invited you all to read; I merely POSTED it here for anyone that might be seriously interested. Anyone who didn't care about the advice it contains, is free to ignore it. If you disagree, why not contact the author of the piece instead of shooting the messenger?