Login   Sign Up 

This 22 message thread spans 2 pages:  < <   1  2 
  • Re: How long is ten minutes?
    by Account Closed at 17:44 on 03 February 2004
    Hi Sam,
    How is your script going? I started mine this afternoon but soon had a problem - to swear or not to swear? I mean, it's talking about football and it's young excitable men but it's for the BBC? Any thoughts... anyone...?
    Elspeth
    by SamMorris at 18:38 on 03 February 2004
    Hi Elspeth,

You've started - well done, your well ahead of me. I'm struggling a bit with the technical issues involved. It was not until I checked out the bbc website that I realised there was a proper way to do these things.

Swearing, that’s a tough one. I know most hardened sports fans would find it difficult not to slip in odd expletive in. However as I understand it they are going to put the best five or so on the radio, and the bbc being the bbc, I’m not sure if swearing will be included. That’s just my opinion, could be a load of old bol£"$ks of course.

Sam
    by Noodles at 19:13 on 03 February 2004
    Men and balls and all that carry on

Well, there's a brilliant title to start with!

all the best to all who enter

Love, Pete
    by Account Closed at 19:24 on 03 February 2004
    You're not tempted, Pete?
    by Noodles at 19:46 on 03 February 2004
    Nah, I don't follow sport. Except Stonewatching, occasionally. But that's more of a hobby, I suppose. And boring. And possibly insane. And may not actually exist. Help.

I think it's all over...
    by Jubbly at 20:54 on 03 February 2004
    Elspeth, the BBC are very strict about swearing. They have a list of banned words indexed according to shock value. You can't even say Bollocks, so temper your words, even invent your own expletives.

Go Girl

by Account Closed at 21:10 on 03 February 2004
    Thanks Julie, I suspected as much. Do you think grunting would make good radio?!!
    Pete, I am not a sport fan either but just happen to live in a country which had a significant sporting victory in 1998 and I'd thought about writing a story around the subject and I can't resist a competition. I also used to live near Barcelona when they won something big once and am fascinated by the wild elation it provokes. (couldn't give a parrot about the football)

Sam, I wrote half a page and got fed up with the formatting too.

Elspeth
  • This 22 message thread spans 2 pages:  < <   1  2