Login   Sign Up 

This 73 message thread spans 5 pages: 1  2   3   4   5  > >  
  • RLG 2004
    by Dee at 14:12 on 11 March 2004
    Help!

There's a thread somewhere with all the volunteers for RLG lines in forthcoming months... does anyone have any clue where it is?

Tinyclanger is doing April's line but we could do with some names for the rest of the year...

If we can't find the list we'll have to start a new one but that would be a bit unfair on those who have already put their names down.

Cheers
    Dee
  • Re: RLG 2004
    by Dee at 14:23 on 11 March 2004
    OK - forget that... I have the attention span of a fruit fly. Jumbo came to the rescue - thanks honey!

We have so far - and the names came in this order, fight amongst yourselves if you want to jump the queue:-

Colin M
    Sue H
    bjlangley
    swandale
    haunted.

If any of you want to drop off don't be afraid to say... this is not compulsory.

Anyone else interested - speak up soon.

Dee
    x
    by tinyclanger at 15:57 on 11 March 2004
    Yeah, come on everyone. I think it's only fair that we all take turns having a few days being the most loathed person on WW...must say I'm looking forward to mine! :-x
    And just to keep you updated, my shortlist of possible lines is down to about 5 now..have had to discard:
    "the rock jutted into the sunshine-drenched harbour like David Coulthard's chin";
    "Oh, make it so!", tinyclanger moaned as Patrick swiftly unhooked her lycra sheath"
    and;
    "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times; I bought a new spade, but left it on the bus on the way home"

But there are some corkers left, don't you worry, folks. The reputation of the RLG is safe in my hands, (you can say that again, no chance of redeeming ourselves whilst I'm in charge)

x
    tc

by anisoara at 18:46 on 11 March 2004
    I'd like to do it one month. Can I be added to the list, please? (And I'll start and finish the next RLG challenge!)

Ani
    by James Anthony at 19:23 on 11 March 2004
    i'd like to do one. but I want to ask something - can I do it with the BUrroughs technique? what I'll do it get 8 of my favourite lines and cut them up, mix them up and try to get a 'random' first line by taking a verb, adverb, etc. Is that alright?

also, my effort for this month is uploaded called THe modern way of letting go'

cheers good stuff
    by Dee at 19:28 on 11 March 2004
    Okayyyy... we can pencil you in for January 2005... and hope you mellow before then...

ee.
    by Colin-M at 19:28 on 11 March 2004
    Kewl!!

Does that mean I'm doing May? My birthday is in May. Smashing.

Colin M
    by Dee at 19:48 on 11 March 2004
    What do you think Jumbo? Wordy? tc?

Should we let him???

ee.
    x
    by swandale at 20:54 on 11 March 2004
    Yay, I guess that makes me August. Plenty of time to think of something fun.

Drop out, Dee? You must be joking, I'm looking forward to this!

Sam x
    by anisoara at 21:07 on 11 March 2004
    Which month would I be doing?

Ani
    by word`s worth at 22:11 on 11 March 2004
    My birthday is in May too Colin...5th not 7th - It used to be the 7th...not anymore though. Anyway...

Oh sorry, bad memories came flooding back there. Yes why not -

So as I see it...

Colin M - May
    Sue H - June
    bjlangley - July
    swandale - August
    haunted - September
    Ani - October
    James Anthony with the weird one - November

Who's gonna do the Christmas one...Richard???

Ho Ho Ho, that would be snowballs of fun!

Nahed x
    by Dee at 22:29 on 11 March 2004
    Would we want a line in December? Aren't we going to combine all the previous months' lines? (personally I think I'll try to be out of the country!

Nice to see someone else around, Nahed... the place has been a bit quiet tonight.

Dee
    x
    by Jumbo at 22:49 on 11 March 2004
    Yes, this all looks good to me.

I'm supposed to have produced an introductory paragraph but Ricardo Westo beat me to it and produced the following:

'One of the WriteWords community's popular writing exercises is the RLG: Random Line Generator. This is where someone volunteers to come up with a sentence which other members then use as the opening line of their story. It's intended to be a fun way of firing the individual imagination. RLGs appear regularly in the WriteWords Exercise section of the forum so if you'd like to take up the challenge yourself, that's the place to go. Dick Westerdly

The idea is that this paragraph is posted every month when we introduce the new line, so that any recent joinees do not become intimidated by our innate ramblings.

So there it is - all RW's own work (I think!)

Oh yes, and I can confirm that the December fun-run will be a piece using all the previous eleven lines from the year in the order they were introduced! (Should be easy for the poets then!)

Jumbox
    by tinyclanger at 23:15 on 11 March 2004
    Jumb...if you are liaising with Richard on this, can he be asked to change 'story' so that it's clear contributors can post RLG entries in any format?
    We want to encourage all 'disciplines' to take part, especially more poets.
    Otherwise I'll pop him a line...let me know
    x
    tc
    by Jumbo at 23:26 on 11 March 2004
    Hello, tc. Haven't spoken to you for a while! Where've you been hiding you magic spade?

No. This is now a free for all any suggestions you want make will be incorporated for the greater good of all person-kind!

How about:

'One of the WriteWords community's popular writing exercises is the RLG: Random Line Generator. This is where someone volunteers to come up with a sentence which other members then use as the opening line of a piece of original work - either poetry or prose.
    It's intended to be a fun way of firing the individual imagination. RLGs appear regularly in the WriteWords Exercise section of the forum so if you'd like to take up the challenge yourself, that's the place to go.'

Is this better?

Jumbx

<Added>

Please excuse the appalling grammar! It is a bit late for me!
  • This 73 message thread spans 5 pages: 1  2   3   4   5  > >