Login   Sign Up 

This 73 message thread spans 5 pages:  < <   1   2   3   4  5 > >  
  • Re: RLG 2004
    by Dee at 18:41 on 14 March 2004
    Yes, they were worried in case the war finished before they had a chance to join in the 'fun'. Amazing what propaganda could do when there wasn't the technology - or the freedom of speech - to beam the truth live into every home in the country.

Dee
    by tinyclanger at 18:58 on 14 March 2004

This is a sad topic, bit of a downer, sorry - I find Sunday night's depressing enough at the best of times!

Its been quiet on here this w/e - where's Jumb and Richard and James Anthony and Colin? Where do the guys go at weekends?
    And why is Wordy so shushed, writing another 6 novels and two slim volumes of poetry this afternoon?

Your archery query was great, Dee. What you can find out about on WW! I'm tempted to think of a few obscure things to ask, just to see if anyone knows!
    My brother was into archery when he was in his early teens. You know we used to have a long oblong gardern and we'd set the bow up and shoot..even tho it wasn't a full sized set-up, there was no real fence between us and next door. Looks like we could easily have dispatched a few of the neighbours...!

x
    Robin Hoodess

by Dee at 19:16 on 14 March 2004
    Yes, where is everyone? JA has just uploaded something but I haven’t had time to read it yet. There’s sod all going on… it’s not Christmas again is it? Don’t tell me I’m still on that feckin’ island!

That was some fascinating info from Tez. I love the way you can tap into stuff on here… we should do more. There’s an archery range about six or seven miles from here and I’m desperately trying to keep myself away. I have an addictive personality when it comes to hobbies. I’ll join and convince myself I can’t exist without a few grand’s worth of top of the range equipment which I can’t afford and then bore the brown stuff out of any poor sod who comes within earshot, telling them all the fascinating details of arrow points and string twisting… see I’ve started already…

Oh sod it! I need something to get me out of the house more…

Keep yer pecker up, tc… I’ll tell you all about my new bow next weekend…

ee
    x
    by Jumbo at 20:01 on 14 March 2004
    Ah! Archers!

Dum-de-dum-de-dum-de-dum. Dum-de-dum-de-dum--dum.

Hi!

by Dee at 20:08 on 14 March 2004
    Mock away me old mate... see if I care... I'm getting quietly ratted here because I've had two weeks off work and I have to go back at 6am tomorrow... ugh!

Where you been all weekend anyway... not more weddings?

ee
    x

<Added>

ps... OK... we've tracked you down... where's Richard and Wordy... Hmmm???

;D
    by tinyclanger at 20:25 on 14 March 2004
    Dee, you sound just like my brother with hobbies. His girlfriend expressed an interest in dolls houses..now HE's going to all the fairs and wallpapering tiny rooms and discussing the pros and cons of minute furniture...think he must have missed out on some stage of childhood, (well, weren't much call for dollies down t'pit, tha knows)
    Hi Jumb, were your ears burning? Hope you haven't got too much Sunsilk on or yer hair'll go up like a beacon.

x
    tc

<Added>

Does anyone else find it REALLY IRRITATING that once you've posted a commet, you go right back to the start of the thread? :(

<Added>

Hee, didn't know I was in charge of the heavens didya?
    And why don't the smi...er... frownies work in Added]/b]?
    by Jumbo at 20:37 on 14 March 2004
    Bit of a hectic weekend! A funeral on Friday; a 25th wedding anniversary party yesterday and my sister's birtday today!

Just got back home pogged from an over large lunch in a pub! And then a huge chocolate birthday cake back at someone's house! No good for the waistline, you know!

And, Dee. What's this about you and a new beau?

tc, you been sniffin' the pens again? We've told you about that before!

by tinyclanger at 20:42 on 14 March 2004
    Tippex, Jumb, Tippex. I tend to draw on my nose if I use marker pens...
    Gis a slice of choccy cake

x
    tc
    by Jumbo at 20:50 on 14 March 2004
    ... and I thought that was a spot on your nose!
    by Dee at 21:12 on 14 March 2004
    You mean Schumey Babes, Jumb????

sorry but he ain't new... he's just been having a lie down for the winter... Malaysia on Sunday... see you at Seepang...

Mmmm -choccy cake... hey, tc! If you like choccy moments have you tried - this is really not a shameless plug because it's not our product - Clipper instant double hot chocolate??? comes in sachets... you don't need milk, a pan and a cooker... just a kettle in a lonely and anonymous hotel room... for those creative moments.

Mmmm... think I'll have to go put the kettle on... if you're nice on April 1st I'll send you a sachet...

ee
    x
    by Dee at 21:13 on 14 March 2004
    and, yes, it really does tit me off to default back to the top of page one.

<Added>

Oops! that was supposed to be added on to the bit before...
    by tinyclanger at 22:23 on 14 March 2004
    Is that Clipper as in the nice fairtrade teabagy people? Like those.

Just had choccy Vienetta, yum! But not that keen on hot choccy, find it a wee bit sickly. Mind you, if you don't use milk it's mebbe worth a try..
    I used to know a girl who would have hot choccy, with a Wispa bar to dip in..AND a Hazelnut-chocolate spread sandwich. I used to feel sick just watching.

Well, I guess it's tc's bed time.
    Have got Margaret Atwood's 'Life Before Man' to finish..she's a strange writer, I never feel her characters are quite real somehow, her books seem to exist in a dream where people do things but don't really feel anything, they remain curiously detached. Still, what does an'umble poet know.

Night Dee,
    Night Jumb. - hope you don't get indigestion.

x
    tc
    by Dee at 22:28 on 14 March 2004
    Night night tc... yes it's the same teabaggy people... and no, it's not sickly...

See you after work tomorrow...

Zzzzz...
  • This 73 message thread spans 5 pages:  < <   1   2   3   4  5 > >