Login   Sign Up 

This 99 message thread spans 7 pages:  < <   1  2  3   4   5   6   7  > >  
  • Re: Ta Da! It`s Here! April`s Random Line Generator...ready?
    by buccaneer at 09:33 on 01 April 2004
    Outside, the bone of the moon glows, but within, we lie, destroyed in the dark. Who knows when the sun will kiss our skin again? The bomb hit fifty miles away, which gave us enough time to enter the shelter, my children are silent and staring at the wall their mother, my beloved wife is certainly dead. We can sustain our bodies but what of our minds?
    by tinyclanger at 09:47 on 01 April 2004
    That's it Bucaneer, keep going!

Hi all, it's me, (ducks to avoid any really heavy implements)

Well, this all seems to be going rather well
    To those of you who have accepted the challenge in good grace, I salute you. May your pen's/keyboards take you to the stars.

To the moaners: Pish! Where's your sense of adventure? let it flow, that line can take you anywhere....

To Ole: One it's finished, just post it like normal, Ole, and say on here that you've posted it so we don't miss it in the rush! Put RLG in the title too, so it stands out more.

Also, public thanks to David Bruce who has agreed to put us on the new 'highlighted' Forum Threads board for a day or so to make sure everyone sees us. Cheers David, drink on me later in the Brit..

OK, gotta go, poem to finish. Was all going brilliantly for the first line or so, then downhill from there!

have fun all!

tc
    by Davy Skyflyer at 09:52 on 01 April 2004
    He say the bone of the who did what? Destroyed..? Oh jay-sus...
    by tinyclanger at 10:04 on 01 April 2004
    Davey,
    the secret is to get in touch with the poet in your soul...he's there, yes he is....come on little inner poet, show yourself to Davey...

x
    tc
    by olebut at 10:15 on 01 April 2004
    TC

thanks thats a bit of a bougar then cos just posted a found poem so you will have to wait 48 hours to view my offering

blue string soup sounds wonderful your place or mine ?
    take care

david
    by Account Closed at 10:30 on 01 April 2004
    Done and posted. Do I get a prize for being first?
    by tinyclanger at 10:47 on 01 April 2004
    Wow, e.g. That was some going! I'm just putting mine up, and I've had months to work on it!
    Yes, you get a prize, get in the queue behind Ole for some Blue String Spaghetti soup, fresh from the Soup Dragon...(that'll teach you! )

OK, mine's going up now, called Moon Dance.

x
    tc
    by Jumbo at 11:16 on 01 April 2004
    Don't I get Blew Soop for my 21 minute posting?
    by word`s worth at 11:17 on 01 April 2004
    Luffly line TC...busy at work today (sneaking in to post this) - so won't get a chance to get my head quiet and write until later this evening. Am liking it though!

Jumbo...what a lovely poem!!! Is that it though?? or are you gonna try for a story??

Bucanneer - like yours also - same question for you as for Jumbo.

Now tc...all this about David having a drink on you...don't you think it would be more fitting to have the drink on the table??? You're so intimidating woman!

Nahed x

<Added>

Hope y'all don't mind, but I won't read and comment until I've done mine. Don't want to be influenced by all the great efforts, you see!!!
    by tinyclanger at 11:27 on 01 April 2004
    Jumb, you get a whole year's supply, with Froglet crutons, AND a ride in my skyboat to see the Iron Chicken. Mollified?
    Actually, did you really write that off the cuff? It is good, you know...

Glad you like the line Wordy, looking forward to the result.
    And re David, no I'm being the table, a foot rest.... In fact anything he wants. Its my pennance for being gobby earlier in the week. I'm wearing a hair shirt too, and have a scarlet letter 'G' sewn on it in my best embroidery. Then there's the brand on my skin, of course...
    That'll teach me.

x
    tc
    by word`s worth at 11:37 on 01 April 2004
    G for..? Gucci? Nice brand!
    by Jumbo at 16:33 on 01 April 2004
    Hey, is it just me or is the type on the forums showing up BIGGER than normal. I'm having to sit on the other side of the room so I can read the screen!

tc, thanx for the soop! Great stuff!

Wordy, thanx. I do have a 'story' part finished!

And tc, the poem was off the cuff - it just sort of came to me having read your line! Looking forward to the ride in your skyrocket. Mmm! That sounds a bit dodgey! Least said about that ....

Just off to type up my offering. Like wordy (and we do, don't we?)I won't read anybody's till I've posted mine.

See ya later

jembux xxx

by tinyclanger at 17:33 on 01 April 2004
    Climb aboard Jumb, may have to strap you firmly in...no, not a safety thing, I just LIKE it....

Been funny today.
    Normally by now I'm just having the first stirrings, (No! J), of panic as I realise I am stuck, and will have to re-think, but today it's already all done, and I'm just sitting here waiting madly for everyone else to produce...
    And, (selfishly & sheepishly) some of that is 'cos of wanting someone to be able to read mine.... sometime....please? sniff
    Pathetic.

Back late-ish on tonight. TTFN
    x
    tc

by Jumbo at 17:59 on 01 April 2004
    Okay. Mine's up and posted, if you see what I mean!

'Tis called RLG4 - The Therapist.

Off to read some others!
    by swandale at 18:55 on 01 April 2004
    Mine's in. I apologise for the lack of polish but I wanted to post it today. Thanks for the line, tc!

Off to read the others now...

Sam x
  • This 99 message thread spans 7 pages:  < <   1  2  3   4   5   6   7  > >