Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

This 99 message thread spans 7 pages:  < <   1   2  3  4   5   6   7  > >  
  • Re: Ta Da! It`s Here! April`s Random Line Generator...ready?
    by Account Closed at 19:58 on 01 April 2004
    Thanks for the offer, tc - what is it exactly that makes it blue? Of course, when i said first I meant first posted, thus using up my upload quota for the next 2 days.
    I liked your poem, Buccaneer. I'd love to read a short story version.
    tc, I felt incapable of commenting on yours, not being a poetry buff but now you've had an expert crit, i can add my little one liner.
    by SamMorris at 21:00 on 01 April 2004
    Done mine too.

I'm afraid after tinyclangers beautiful first line I have only managed to come up with something entirely silly.

Sam
    by tinyclanger at 22:40 on 01 April 2004
    Hi Folks.
    Just got in and have a stonker of a headache, so I'm going to catch up with commenting termorra. Seems like you've all been busy, 4 already!
    By my reckoning, if everyone 'produces' we have 12 and counting. I'm trying to persuade Iggy, and have even suggested fevvers may have a go.
    Would that be our first "Expert"?

Anyway, thanks for being so positive, I've enjoyed today loads.
    Last night as I was posting the line, I actually got a bit scared that you'd all really hate it, so it's such a relief that you're all OK with it, (or at least pretending really well!)
    Oooh, better go, I'm starting to fill up! You're all wunnerful, and I love you Mwah, Mwah......(why can I never spell that right?)

x
    tc

<Added>

Elspeth, I have NO idea why it's blue...I guess they ran out of red?
    I'll ask the Soup D next time I stock up.
    It's definately veggie, though, in case your worried...
    by Jumbo at 22:59 on 01 April 2004
    Your not blubbin' again, are you?

Quick Dee, break out the mop!

<Added>

Of course, that should be 'You're not .... ' Ooops!
    by olebut at 08:39 on 02 April 2004
    Well thats is my first attempt at RLG posted it is

RLG The Bone Moon

I await the comments and critque of my peers and for TC to appear with my blue string soup

take care

david
    by word`s worth at 10:24 on 02 April 2004
    Well, I've done mine own effort. Alas, one cannot post it until the morrow. It's a poem (incase you're dying to know ) Should I just post it here? I'm itching to read the others!!
    by bjlangley at 11:35 on 02 April 2004
    Well mines up.

That line was a struggle, and it just seems to be attached to the start of my story, rather than being an integral part of it, but nevermind.

It's called:

The Epitome of Evil

Now I've done mine, I can get on with reading the others!
    by tinyclanger at 12:43 on 02 April 2004
    Ole, didn't you get your soup? tsk! I sent Small clanger round with a big bowl just for you. (we clangers have very apt names don't you think? I mean Mother clanger - how perfect is that? Don't suppose it did a lot for her when she was a rebellious teenager, but still, it's pretty ahrd to beat now)
    More on the way, Ole ! Like your poem btw.

Wordy, that's a VERY naughty thought, and I'm not going to encourage you...no, I'm not. Reformed character, 'Serious writer' that's me from now on.....
    Wonder how Sue and Patrick are getting on at Centre Parcs?..Did anyone see the S. T. Next Gen. episode where he went on holiday and wore, (actually, almost wore), these sort of gold lameé swimming trunks?

Bj, rest easy, it worked for me.

Bin singing 'Moon River' all morning..
    by Sue H at 13:31 on 02 April 2004
    Good grief tc, just come back from a few days away all keen and eager to start and I'm greeted with THIS!!!!!!! Oh dear. Should have stayed away. Sue
    by tinyclanger at 14:12 on 02 April 2004
    Ah, you big girl's blouse, Sue, you can do it.
    (gees, make a teensy-weensy reference to the moon and all these prose merchants fall to bits...)

How's Patrick? Did he wear The Trunks? Hope he doesn't need armbands, shatter a few fantasies, that would..

x
    tc

by Colin-M at 15:08 on 02 April 2004
    Mine is up there. I found this RLG very hard to do. When I read the others I'm sure I'll be smacking my head and wondering why I couldn't think of anything else. The story is called "Waiting" though very little thought went into the title - I just couldn't think of anything.

Colin M
    by Dee at 19:59 on 02 April 2004
    Just uploaded mine. Hope you all like it and gush accordingly...

Have to say - thought it was a brill opening line, tc...

Dee.
    x
    by tinyclanger at 22:53 on 02 April 2004
    Thanks Dee..seems to be one people either liked a lot or really hated!!
    Will comment on yours in the morning, had too much Gin tonight to do it justice! And Wordy's too - that will be 3 poems this time, (4 if we count Jumbs off the cuff masterpiece) Were getting there.

Have to say though, that I haven't read a piece that I've felt struggled with it too much. High standard all round, dontcha think, whatever initial reactions to the line?

No news from Richard, yet..hope he has a go..he usually comes up with something special, too.

More Blue String soup anyone? Seems to be inspiring us to creative heights!
    x
    tc
    by Jumbo at 23:21 on 02 April 2004
    Yup. I'll have another bowl if there's some left.
    by olebut at 08:14 on 03 April 2004
    Thank you to those who have viewed my effort at RLG I am sorry so far I haven't commented on anybody elses but I have been extremely busy partly because I have just got a new job oh well all good things come to an end.

As the hours are very flexible it may mean my visits on here at least for a while are a little intermitant but I will do my best to read all RLG posts.

I wonder if David Bruce could be persuaded to allow the RLG to become an group in its own right to which all can contribute. so that way all RLG work would be grouped together, which would make it easier to read and comment

thanks again

david
  • This 99 message thread spans 7 pages:  < <   1   2  3  4   5   6   7  > >