Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

This 99 message thread spans 7 pages:  < <   1   2   3  4  5   6   7  > >  
  • Re: Ta Da! It`s Here! April`s Random Line Generator...ready?
    by Account Closed at 08:35 on 03 April 2004
    Hi David,
    If the RLG became a group it would exclude any potential newcomers -the whole point is that it's an open exercise and anyone can participate - the more the merrier. I think if we all include RLG4,5... in the title, they are easy enough to find, knowing that they will all be grouped around the beginning of the month. Usually someone (tc?) does a head count after a few days, so, let's leave it as it is and NOT start a new debate... PLEASE!!!

Elspethxxx
    by Jumbo at 09:02 on 03 April 2004
    PLEASE! (thanks, e.g.)
    by word`s worth at 09:36 on 03 April 2004
    Right, I've just uploaded mine - RLG4 Bone Truth.

tc, thanks for a great line - I loved it but I did find it quite hard to do it justice. Hope y'all like it!

Nahed x

<Added>

Saying that, please don't everyone be gentle with your comments. Remember that I've selected - Go On I Can Take It

<Added>

Oh and David...congrats on the job!!
    by tinyclanger at 11:26 on 03 April 2004
    Oh, god, please, no Group discissions, I'm still traumatised from the last one!
    Ole, if you think we're being unenthusiastic, sorry, it's just cos we kinda went here last month when they 'relegated' the RLG - we wrangled about it for quite a few days and it was upsetting for us all. I think what we've got now IS the most 'workable' way of doing things, and given that David B seemed happy to let the RLH go on the Highlighted page, I think we're actually better off than we were going to be..

Oh, its list time is it? Well, as you know, I do like to keep track of things:
    I haven't looked at the Archive yet this morning, so If anyone's uploaded and not said on here, sorry, I'll add you on when I get there
    [u]Contributors so far:[/u
    ]tc
    Jumb
    e.g
    Ole
    Swandale
    SamMorris
    bjlangley
    Colin-M
    Dee
    Wordy

[u]To come, (hopefully)[/u]
    Sue H
    Richard
    Bucaneer ?
    Davey Skyflyer ?

not sure about the last two, they have commented on the thread, but I don't know if they intend to seriously have a go. If you're reading this chaps, we're looking forward to having your offerings! Jump in, the water's fine....(well, bloody chilly, actually, but what do you expect in the UK in April)

Not a bad tally..though I would like it if some more gave this a go. I appreciate folk are tied up with more serious projects, but as we've noted, everyone seems to get a creative zing out of doing one, and its only once a month...dunno what we can do to spread the gospel..

Right off the read Dee n' Wordy..
    x
    tc

<Added>

RLH ?

And buggered up the underlining, there didn't I. What's wrong with the second one? First time I'd tried to do it as well. :(
    by Sue H at 12:17 on 03 April 2004
    OK - here's mine. What a toughy, tc! Entitled RLG4 Moonshine. Now I can read everyone else's!
    Sue
    by Dee at 12:21 on 03 April 2004
    Creative zing is right, tc. It sure as hell perks me up. I always fear that I won't be able to come up with anything but, so far, the lines have been so inspiring that it's been like switching a light on...

Incidentally, I don't think the underline function works. I haven't seen it used successfully yet...

Dee
    x
    by Skeetr at 12:59 on 03 April 2004
    Hey tc and all,

This is my first RLG attempt -- posted, entitled "Shell"

Smith
    by tinyclanger at 13:43 on 03 April 2004
    Sue, just off to read yours now...sorry if you struggled, but, go on, feels better now, eh? And you can get your own back when it's your go!!

Smith, Brilliant, I didn't know you we're joining us! Super, more and more poets..well, 4.5 of us, (sorry Jumb, you're the .5 - is this a new low in our realtionship? ;-x )

x
    tc

by Jumbo at 23:09 on 03 April 2004
    Okay, tc, let's get this straight.

I'm half a poet, and not only that, but you intend to confiscate my teeth. From the glass by the side of my bed, no doubt!

I think an all time low is looking a lttle too high! And what relationship?

jam bix xx
    by tinyclanger at 23:20 on 03 April 2004
    Sorry Jumb...(hoped you wouldn't see the teeth one...)
    Am off to stand in the corner with the spiders in it, and am now not going to have that second helping of ice cream that's looking at me all come-hither-ly. No, promise, I won't...
    And you can borrow my spade any time you want..

x
    tc

by Jumbo at 23:37 on 03 April 2004
    What have the spiders done to deserve that!!

I must say, a great line this month, tc! Thanks!!

Your sparkling verbosity has brought forth some truly wonderful stuff! Three beers for tc, and all that!

jam boxxx
    by tinyclanger at 00:09 on 04 April 2004
    My pleasure, Jumb.
    I'm enjoying it, too. Some really good pieces.
    Thanks yerself for being in on it at the very beginning, when I must admit, I was a bit worried. I'm so glad things picked up after that!

Sorry about the .5 bit. But you're .5 more of a poet than I am a novelist!
    And I mean it about the spade...

see ya tomorrow hopefully,
    x
    tc

<Added>

Oh, you're proffering beer...DEFINATELY see you tomorrow :)
    by buccaneer at 00:31 on 04 April 2004
    Hi clinger,
    You have given me a question mark, like a gauntlet. How long do I have?
    Kindest, Pete
    by Jumbo at 11:18 on 04 April 2004
    On behalf of clinger (I think), there's no rush - any time in the next couple of hours will do!

No, honestly, there is no time limit on this! Just let us know when you have created your masterpiece and posted it!

Enjoy it! It's good fun.......really!

jumbo pp tc
    by tinyclanger at 11:22 on 04 April 2004
    Hi Buc, So you're going to have a go? Brilliant!

You have the whole month, the next RLG willl be announced on May 1st...but you can do it anytime really... Just when you post it, put RLG 4 in the title, and we'll all try to catch it and comment. Obviously there's more interest in this first week or so, but if you're pressured, do it in your own time. Its just a bit of fun - though most people say in the end they are glad to have tried it..Character Building an' all that, I suppose, like brisk walks and cold showers..and bromide in tea (is that like Bovril?)

Welcome aboard!
    x
    tc

<Added>

Oh, there's a awful echo in here this morning, but the really weird thing is, its coming BEFORE I say anything...
  • This 99 message thread spans 7 pages:  < <   1   2   3  4  5   6   7  > >