Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

This 99 message thread spans 7 pages:  < <   1   2   3   4   5   6  7 > >  
  • Re: Ta Da! It`s Here! April`s Random Line Generator...ready?
    by Dee at 21:59 on 07 April 2004
    Aaarrrgggghhh!!!!

I'm going to crack this if it's the last thing I do!

bold is [ then b then ] at the start and [ then / then b then ] at the end.

Does that make sense?
    by Jumbo at 22:07 on 07 April 2004
    That's what I like about you, Dee ...

Perseverance!!

Sorry. the underline one doesn't work!!

xxx
    by haunted at 22:09 on 07 April 2004
    OK - Mine is now up.

Entitled RLG4 - Darkly Ever After

I'm off to bed now, but hopefully i'll get the chance to read everyone elses work tomorrow.
    by Dee at 22:12 on 07 April 2004
    Thanks Junb... the bastards are not goig to get the better of me... ha ha!

Dee
    x

<Added>

Junb? goig?? OK. I give in... mummmeeeee... I want to go to bed now...

x
    by Davy Skyflyer at 20:56 on 14 April 2004
    Okay I've uploaded my effort. Hope it's still valid!

Regards

Dav
    by Davy Skyflyer at 20:56 on 14 April 2004
    Okay I've uploaded my effort. Hope it's still valid!

Regards

Dav

<Added>

Did everyone get that, or shall I post it again???
    by buccaneer at 23:04 on 14 April 2004
    Hi Clinger,
    No I'm sorry, TC.
    I've been a bit buisy. but I will meet the deadline OK,
    Kind wishes. By the way I'am a geezer not a dame. I'll be back.
    by Davy Skyflyer at 15:30 on 16 April 2004
    Sue

Soz I never replied - somehow I missed the enquiry about Jesus' latest epic. It's not all in Latin, its split between Aramaic, Latin and Hebrew. It works extremely well, to the point where watching any american film with foreigners talking like "zis..weev a leetle accent to show zay are not eeng-leesh speaking fools..." is extremely hard now. Even 24 (the first series which I watched on DVD recently) grates when the serbians are talking to each other in broken english.

Anyway, I reckon your mate probably had a Pilate copy!!!!

Ug ug ug ug ug....

regards

Dav
    by buccaneer at 20:58 on 20 April 2004
    Hi all,
    I have made posted my bit.
    Cheers Pete.

<Added>

Outside, the bone of the moon glows, but within, we lie, destroyed in the dark. Who knows when the sun will kiss our skin again? The bomb hit fifty miles away, which gave us enough time to enter the shelter. My children are silent and staring at the wall. Their mother, my wife, is certainly dead. We can sustain our bodies but what of our minds?
    I knew all along that this day would come. All the criticism and scorn I received from everyone has come home to roost. Ironically in the form of bloated carrion crows and other vermin as they right now compete for the eyeballs of my critics. My thoughts were interrupted by a nervous little voice. “I want Mummy. When can I see Mummy?” Andrew’s pitiful words were punctuated with short sniffles. He had been crying for almost two days and whenever I approached he turned away as if all this was my fault. Ten-year-old Paul sat in silence with his arm around his brother. Paul was a bit like me, but Andrew was like her and always at her side. As a child in Hong Kong I was made to work and study, while all the other children played. Nuclear power was going to be the answer to all problems back then, and my parents wanted me to be involved, so I could sustain them when they grew old.
    Chernobel had put pay to that; I was head of my section with good pay and prospects but it all tuned against me. I used the money I made from selling the business, to build this shelter. Now, all those who thought I was crazy are now dead.
    I reckon about one year in here and then we can pick over what’s left. When they made me redundant, Kim, my demanding wife, nagged me into opening a restaurant ‘The golden Wok’. She never worked there, she just criticised me for not making enough money. She had no idea what it felt like to be called ‘Slope head’ and to be mimicked by the fat lager swilling pigs. They’ll pull their round, dull eyes into slits no longer.
    Andrew sat back down and passed his brother a biscuit. He crunched it eagerly while his brother wiped the tears and snot onto his cuff, then nibbled like a mouse, casting sad eyes at me.
    Kim was going to leave me anyway, and when she found out that I had re-mortgaged our house to finish the shelter, she had run home to her fat ugly mother.
    This shelter had become my life, and now was looking after us.
    The massive five-foot thick walls and steel doors would hold any mutant looters off. The generators were silent and we had reserves of fuel. The water supply was large enough to sustain us for longer then we needed. The food stores we had were large enough to last four of us for eighteen months. Now she wasn’t with us we could feast on her share. I had plenty of videos and toys for the boys covering the entire wall of their comfy room, which had two bunks. I had a big double bed to myself. No more grunting and snoring from her; just the gentle hum of the generator, which reminded me of being on a ship - a ship to the future.
    “Dad, Dad”, Paul was shaking me back to reality. “Dad there’s banging outside”.
    I leapt out of the bed and ran to the inner door. He was right, someone was trying to get in. We were under siege. I turned on the monitor that showed the outside door. The outside door was completely sealed and was made out of high tensile stainless steel. It had cost the same as a new car, and no-one could get through it, especially someone who could glow in the dark, surely? The bunker was sealed and maintained positive pressure. If they managed to break through the outer door they would get a nasty surprise, as I had several detonators wired to two, twenty-five litre drums of petrol. “Paul for gods sake, shut your brother up”. He was wailing like an animal and unsettling us. Then a light on the monitor caught my spherical vision. It looked like a sparkler at first, then it erupted like a flamethrower. My God, they were using a thermal lance to burn down the door.
    Two long hours later, the oval line was almost joined; they would be in within minutes. Then I would add to whatever ailments they were suffering from.
    We felt the ground quiver as the door fell to the ground. Through the swirling smoke, light appeared, then a shadow of something. What were they going to look like after exposure of almost five days? Paul sat silent behind me while Andrew screamed the place down.
    A head appeared. It was huge and the whole body was massive. “It looks like a bee keeper.” Shouted Paul. I hastily pressed the ignition and the whole tunnel was engulfed in fire. “That will teach them.” I turned to Paul, feeling confident. His eyes widened and his mouth fell open. I span round to the screen. Through the smoke I could see three, possibly four of them. Some were dragging long cylinders; others had pipes and long rods. “God, they’re dragging in a thermic lance, they’ll get in.” I heard Paul run to his brother, their crying was harmonic.
    A small spot in the door discoloured slightly. It started to glow orange, then whiter and whiter until a burst of sparks, followed by a mighty roar of molten metal bounced around, setting things alight. The sprinklers kicked in and doused the fires. More sparks danced defiantly around before the water halted them in rebellious hisses. The inner door was a lot thinner and they were making good progress. My trap had failed, as they were wearing fire retardant suits. This was an organized attack.
    The door fell heavily crushing several toy cars. I dashed to the boys and huddled with them in the corner. The air conditioning soon cleared the smoke as I sat waiting for the inevitable. The boys stopped crying and stared through stinging watery eyes. “Mummy?” Kim was stood behind the policeman. A man in a white coat put his arm down to me as the boys ran screaming.
    “ Come with us, you’re not well. We can help you.”

<Added>

cocked up again but what the hell
  • This 99 message thread spans 7 pages:  < <   1   2   3   4   5   6  7 > >