Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

This 29 message thread spans 2 pages:  < <   1  2 > >  
  • Re: RLG 6
    by SamMorris at 09:26 on 02 June 2004
    Great line Sue! I seem to be really struggling though, and not just with this line. Is it something to do with this time of year? I feel as if my inspiration has got up and walked out of the room. I'll certainly give it a go though. It just might take little time.
    by Account Closed at 09:36 on 02 June 2004
    I know how you feel, Sam. It's the first time I've looked blankly at the line and thought... nothing! But I read Sue's and that inspired me so hopefully will finish by the end of today. (phew!)

Nothing to do with the line, of course, Sue.
    Elspeth
    by word`s worth at 09:56 on 02 June 2004
    No Jumbs I don't mind. I do the same - always afraid that my offering will be influenced by what others have written. Can't wait to read the others though.

Sam and Elspeth - perhaps it is the time of year because a lot of writers have been complaining about a drought in the creative juices department! Me included! But I think this has come at a great time though because it is a distraction and it's for 'fun' and there's no time limit so the brain doesn't seize up in anxiety!! Oh, the anxiety!

I'm sure that both of you will come up with scorchers as usual.

Nahed
    by Jumbo at 11:30 on 02 June 2004
    Okay, mine's done and posted. It's called Trial and Error!

I'll catch up on the others during the day.

jumbox
    by Dee at 15:19 on 02 June 2004
    What a great line!

I’ve just read them all. Sorry if my comments seem a tadge brief – I’m sneaking an illicit hour on someone else’s PC so no time to waffle…

We’re going to buy a new network card for my laptop this afternoon so, fingers crossed, I’ll be back in the fray before long – assuming the laptop doesn’t end up as a pile of disconnected bits on the floor!

In the meantime, I’m working on my RLG…

OK, how do these things work? What? You rest the pointy end against a piece of paper? And then move it around? And that blue squiggle is writing? Nahhh… you’re having me on…

Dee

by word`s worth at 15:29 on 02 June 2004
    Great news, Dee! Don't worry, writing with a pen is like riding a bike (actually it's nothing like it - a pen doesn't have wheels) - you don't ever forget it (particularly if it's an uncomfortable saddle) you'll soon get the hang of it goil!
    by anisoara at 18:38 on 02 June 2004
    Well I have written about 450 words of mine, which is something. We'll know soon enought if I manage to get to the end. At least I know what's going to happen! In the story, I mean.

Ani

<Added>

Okay, 800 words now.....
    by joanie at 20:42 on 02 June 2004
    You should do poetry -it's much quicker! I have posted mine (in a hurry).
    by Jumbo at 23:17 on 02 June 2004
    Sue,

Your line has generated some great writing! So thanks for that!

If you ask tc nicely she'll do her job as list monitor and tell you has posted so far. (But it might cost you a fluffy pink marshmallow cake and a pint of Guiness (or is that someone else? ))

jumbo
    by tinyclanger at 10:20 on 03 June 2004
    List? Monitor? Someone mention me?.....Pah, Jumbs! sometimes I think you only want me for my lists....

OK here goes, easy so far this month.
    Posted - go read and comment:
    Sue
    Jumbo
    Wordy
    e.g.
    bjlangley
    joanie
    tc

Under construction, await announcement:
    Dee
    Anisoara
    SamMorris

Possibles, as time/inspiration allow:
    olebut
    Colin-M??

My job here is done....

Cracking line Sue, producing great stuff so far - well done! Gold star an' all that.
    How's Patrick?
    x
    tc

by Jumbo at 10:49 on 03 June 2004
    tc

Beautiful lists, as ever! Now, where's me polaroid camera!

Jumbo xxx
    by tinyclanger at 11:03 on 03 June 2004
    Yes, Jumb, I thought so, too. I do produce a damn fine list. I don't practice much, you know, just seems to be a natural talent. I guess you've either got it or you haven't....
    x
    tc

camera? eek!...dives under computer table...
    by anisoara at 22:17 on 03 June 2004
    I'm still working on my RLG! About 1000 words right now. I should post at some point toward the end of the weekend.

Slowpoke Ani

<Added>

Well, I have just posted my RLG. And after all that about posting toward the end of the weekend!
    by crowspark at 22:13 on 08 June 2004
    Here is my RLG 6 RLG6 Darkness comes HGE 2. I have used this exercise as my first attempts at horror (HGE 2 darkness) and it is flash.
    Regards
    Bill
  • This 29 message thread spans 2 pages:  < <   1  2 > >