Login   Sign Up 

• Comedy Writers wanted for new Group
    by Scott at 16:22 on 29 December 2004
    Hi

My name is Scott Evans and I run the comedy group called The Secret News on the BBC Writers Room web site and I am looking to create a group that concentrates on Sketch comedy because we are looking to put together a sketch comedy show. Since the group already have numerous members and submissions we may be able to complete an initial pilot quite quickly but of course not rushed

I am now contacting you to invite you to join our group of writers since we are looking for writers who can get a laugh in under three minutes, a writer who can create a memorable reoccurring character(s) or scenario(s) and perhaps a writer who would like to act or partake in the final production

Overall we are looking for a final team of approx six writers in the same spirit of the Monty Python squad.

I hope this is a project you would like to involve yourself in, I am not from the BBC, I am a merely a member of the BBC Writers room website message board, a writer who with others writers are looking to put together a team to create a show

Follow this link to find our group

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/getwriting/G921

I look forward to your view on this matter and hope it is a project of interest

Best regards

Scott of The Secret News, Comedy Group
  • Re: Comedy Writers wanted for new Group
    by ShayBoston at 15:34 on 06 March 2005
    Gosh no replies yet, Scott.

I remember you're last plea... that as an 'illustrator' you were looking for childrens writers to work with. Under my alter ego 'Lee Tee Vee' I replied to you. That must have been about nine months ago and I'm still waiting for your response. Now as a comedy writer you must see the funny side of that.

Shay / Lee / Mark / Perplexed