Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

• Creative writing exercise book from writer/teacher
    by Anna Reynolds at 11:51 on 31 August 2005
    I don't know if anyone's intending/already has abought this, but it sounds good: I'm always on the lookout for creative writing exercise books from practising teacher/writers, so if anyone's read it and can comment, or on similiar books, do post:

Writing the bright moment; 14 years' worth of ideas and exercises from Roselle Angwin, director of the Fire in the Head creative & reflective writing programme.

Described as: 'a sourcebook with stimulating discussions, essays, ideas, practical exercises and examples for living the writing life: seeing, listening, staying awake, connecting with the passing moment (bright or dark), and using perception, observation, imagination and good writing practice to create, shape and refine poetry, story, essay, journalling and everything in between. Contributions also from some of Britain's most exciting writers and workshop leaders: Andy Brown, Rose Flint, Keith Jafrate, Ken Jones, David Keefe, Andie Lewenstein, Rupert Loydell, Paul Matthews, Chris North, Stephen Parr, Mario Petrucci, Jane Spiro, Kenneth Steven & Jeremy Thres.
  • Re: Creative writing exercise book from writer/teacher
    by EmmaD at 12:45 on 31 August 2005
    Sounds really useful, Anna. What's the title?

Emma
    by Anna Reynolds at 13:00 on 31 August 2005
    Writing the Bright Moment; here's the Amazon link.
    (I'm not trying to sell it, by the way! just think it sounds interesting.)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0954802705/qid%3D1125489250/026-8666977-8029232
    by tinyclanger at 13:54 on 31 August 2005
    When I first began wirting I sent a poem for a crit from Roselle Angwin. Her feedback was very useful, especially to me as a beginner, so I'd suggest she knows her stuff and this may well be worth checking out...

x
    tc