Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

This 56 message thread spans 4 pages:  < <   1   2  3  4  > >  
  • Re: New Year Scribblers Club
    by Dee at 07:17 on 23 December 2005
    Damn! Spotted... bah humbug.

by Dee at 13:10 on 25 December 2005
    Amazing what a challenge can do. It’s just turned two o’clock. I started at eight this morning (yeah, that’s how I like to spend Christmas day) and, so far, I've written 2,400 words. Can't remember the last time I churned out so much so quickly.

Dee

<Added>

WW clock's an hour slow!
    by Skippoo at 13:47 on 25 December 2005
    OK, guys, glad to hear you're doing well, but I have to be a bit flaky and say I may not meet my original target. I have a good reason, though! As a new agent has requested to read the whole of my novel I'd like to spend some of this week doing some more editing. I still intend to get some songs finished, but not so sure about getting a chapter of next novel done!

Cath
    by Dee at 14:12 on 25 December 2005
    Too right, Cath. You must get your priorities right and there’s nothing like a request from an agent to push you into another editing session.

Well done and good luck.

Dee
    by Silverelli at 23:16 on 26 December 2005
    Everyone diligent at work on this? Starting tonight when I get home from work. Must squeeze in 3 hours. I have some direction, so it should be good.
    by Issy at 11:38 on 27 December 2005
    Hi everyone. Still stumbling about after a great Christmas. Guests gone home. Last dregs of the night/morning beginning to clear.

But that's it. Nothing much planned now for ages.

Sounds like some excellent starts have been made - 2,400 words on the day after Christmas, Dee! Silv and Cath - you're showing me up!

A bit of tidying, bit of fresh air and will be joining you all today. Please no-one offer me a mince pie.

by Account Closed at 19:14 on 27 December 2005
    I was unexpectedly busy over Christmas, but still, the challenge seems to be working -- I have somehow managed to squeeze out 3,500 words of (what seems to me) rather good, polished text, so as a s-l-o-w writer I'm definitely pleasantly surprised. Almost half of my target, and there are still several days left! Woohoo.
    by Dee at 09:49 on 28 December 2005
    Blimey, my laptop just crashed and rebooted itself… scary moment! I must be overworking it.

I hit my minimum target the other day but now the flow has slowed dramatically. Still aiming for the 10k mark though.

Dee
    by Issy at 19:20 on 28 December 2005
    Congratulations Dee, and thanks for the chuckle with the laptop.

I have to admit to a slow start. 2,100 since Christmas. Of the target of 30,000 have now done 12,200, so 17,000 odd to go.

I blame Christmas pudding myself. Should have stuck to the fruit.

Am getting down to it now.

<Added>

It crawled up to 3,000.

<Added>

Pleased to report now well into it and total has climbed to 15,500 in all.
    by Issy at 16:02 on 31 December 2005
    Are all the New Year Scribblers going to be tapping away as the clock strikes twelve?

I think a small glass of something will be warranted, so will raise it to you all in between creation of the opus.

A personal tradition is to start the New Year as I mean to go on - so as the year turns and the boats sound what better way to begin?
    by Dee at 16:51 on 31 December 2005
    Doing my best, Issy, but I’ve been sidetracked by another edit on something else.

I have my laptop, a bottle of wine, and the only distraction will be when the fireworks kick off outside. Feeling envious of the boats, though…

Dee
    by EmmaD at 17:18 on 31 December 2005
    Respect to all you Scribblers.

Cheers!

Emma
    by Myrtle at 17:30 on 31 December 2005
    Yes well done all of you... I haven't written a thing, as Christmas has consisted of a nasty chest infection for my little girl and I. Boo hoo for us.

Happy New Year Scribblers.

Myrtle
    by EmmaD at 19:40 on 31 December 2005
    Myrtle, that's really bad luck. I had a bad chest infection once, and it's not fun at all. Here's to better health in the New Year!

Emma
    by Dee at 20:06 on 31 December 2005
    That’s tough, Myrtle. Hope you both feel better soon.

I have no such excuse. I got off to a roaring start but not doing too well now. I've done 6,400 words so far, which is OK because the target was 5,000-10,000. Still got two days before I go back to work so hoping to hit at least 7,500.

How’s everyone else doing?

Dee
  • This 56 message thread spans 4 pages:  < <   1   2  3  4  > >