Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

• Occasional writing
    by Cholero at 16:00 on 27 March 2006
    Was wondering whether people would be interested in an occasional ad-hoc excercise maybe with two weeks to write and post and then a further week of work-shopping before final posting. The idea being to concentrate each time on a particular skill or couple of skills? No need for complete stories (this from someone who can never finish anything) just scenes, sketches, character studies, action studies etc etc...

It would be interesting to hone critting skills as well, and that would be an important part of this, to have people involved who enjoy critting as much as writing.

If anyone's interested it would be good to discuss here what form things might take.

Pete
  • Re: Occasional writing
    by Dee at 16:43 on 27 March 2006
    Pete, have you seen the other thread DJC started about a Fiction Seminar group? It sounds like you’ve both had the same idea.

Dee
    by EmmaD at 17:13 on 27 March 2006
    I vaguely remember seeing a see-you-after-the-holidays post from Darren, so it could be a long wait on the other thread!

Emma
    by Dee at 17:14 on 27 March 2006
    No, there's quite a bit of activity on it today.

Dee
    by Cholero at 17:20 on 27 March 2006
    Oh ok, yep doubling up here. I think Darren's off on his hols so I'll wait til he gets back and responds to all the interest!!

Pete