Login   Sign Up 

This 189 message thread spans 13 pages:  < <   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  12  13  > >  
  • Re: RLG3 Yes, It`s that time again!
    by Richardwest at 16:22 on 05 March 2004
    Uh, hello. Well, all I wuz gonna say wuz, one hundred and sixty five replies and one thousand six hundred and fifteen hits to this thread in five days is pretty good going.

And I'm really truly honestly pleased everyone's still here -- but. . . BUT:

The RLG is difficult to get to grips with when one is but a novice as wot I am so hopefully TC won't be too poetic-y and intimidate poor souls like me who always thought Daley Thompson won the iambic pentameter in 1988.

Still, knowing TC, it'll likely be so lyrical as to send poets like her and peasants like me all rushing for their, um, keyboards.

Richardx

by Dee at 16:52 on 05 March 2004

intimidate poor souls like me who always thought Daley Thompson won the iambic pentameter in 1988.

Are you saying he didn’t???

So who did win it then???

by Richardwest at 17:40 on 05 March 2004
    Well actually it was a tie -- two competitors finished together. Though I can't remember their names I do recall that their performance was epic in every way.

Not surprisingly, they became known as the heroic couplet.

Rxx
    by tinyclanger at 19:29 on 05 March 2004
    Bum, MORE Intimidation, sorry Richard, I'm scaring YOU now! It seems I can intimidate without even being logged into WW...good eh? Must be the power of me mind.
    And don't worry about the RLG, wot d'ya take me for? T'will be fair and fitting. You all understand Middle English, don't you? You, know Chaucer and them coves?

"Whan that Aprill, with his shoures soote
    The droghte of March hath perced to the roote
    And bathed every veyne in swich licour,
    Of which vertu engendred is the flour"

You can carry on a story from there, can't you? No Probs.....

x
    tc
    by Dee at 19:39 on 05 March 2004
    Liquorice root flour – interesting concept – when I go back to work I’ll ask the buyers if they can get hold of any.

by tinyclanger at 19:53 on 05 March 2004
    Bet it makes nice buns..or scones, even!
    by Richardwest at 20:03 on 05 March 2004
    Well of course I know who Chaucer is.

He works for Microsoft and is in charge of their spelchekr.

Rx
    by Dee at 21:30 on 05 March 2004
    But does he have nice... no no no... I can't say that! Let me re-phrase it.

I don't care who he is - can he make nice buns?

by Jumbo at 23:13 on 05 March 2004
    Hello, folks!

Been out most of today taking photos at a wedding! Blooming freezing! Just defrosted the fingers so I thought I'd log in and see what's happening. Looks pretty quiet! Only 20 postings today? We must be sliipping! But I'm glad to see that Richard has been online and that he's keeping the rest of you in order!

Jumbo xx
    by tinyclanger at 23:54 on 05 March 2004
    Hello Jumb.
    You here for t'night shift?
    keep the seat warm..
    Goodnight Jumb.

x
    tc
    by Jumbo at 00:09 on 06 March 2004
    Yup! That's me, tc

Here to light the gas lamps and sweep the streets!

Sweet dreams

Jumbx
    by word`s worth at 08:49 on 06 March 2004
    Sorry guys,

Seems I've missed all the free drinks! Typical!

Anyway, I didn't sleep until well after midnight and was very rudely woken up by my daughter begging me to change my son's nappy at 5.30 in the morning because 'he's stinking my room up'. Hmm...Do you guys know that I haven't had a lie-in in ten years?

Anyway, again...I think every one has uploaded their RLG for this month and I think we've all seen and commented on them. Just wanted to say that I was gobsmacked at the variety of thoughts and ideas one line could generate, but wasn't so surprised by the fertile creativity of the writers and their indisputable gift of the...word. If I may quote George Michael 'I think you're amazing - nah yaneenah, na na nanee na, nanee na...'

Long may RLG continue.

Salut! (practicing me French!)

N x
    by Dee at 09:36 on 06 March 2004
    Morning all,

I’ve just used the F-word in a reply to Jumbo’s comments on PFTG4. and I’m going to use it again now…

*** FERRARI ***

I’m so excited! It’s the first race of the season and Michael Schumacher is on pole!!! Yay!!!

Sorry. Letting the side down now aren’t I. You probably didn’t realise I’m an F1 fanatic… have you seen the Williams’ new nose?? Weird or what? So at 2 o’clock tomorrow morning I’ll be glued to the TV to watch it live from Melbourne.

Anyway – I agree with Wordy. It’s been a damned good one this month (I think they all have so far). I hope I’ve commented on them all. I’ve certainly read and enjoyed all of them. Had a laugh. Had a cry. Had much thought.

Long live RLG!!!

Dee
    Where’s me cornflakes?
    by tinyclanger at 10:16 on 06 March 2004
    Never seen the attraction of F1, Dee, and I love most sporty things. It's good when they crash, but that's an awful thought really! The cars aren't even sexy..and the men? Who knows if they're sexy or not under all that fireproof stuff? And that David Couthard - why? He appears to be made of plastic, with personality to match...
    Am geuninely lost as to it's appeal..
    Like darts, tho'.....Dave The Viking, cor! Sex on a stick, (well, a rather large plank anyway,)
    x
    tc

<Added>

Oh, Wordy, Paris trip on, then? Tell us what your plans are! You lucky thing!
    by Richardwest at 14:05 on 06 March 2004
    Dee you have got to stop this because we are FERRARI fans and have been since Enzo was running Alfa Romeos. Well, all right, mebbe not quite that long. I think my Superior Half fell in love with the team because of the ageless Berger, who's now with BMW and still claiming to be 34, but I always liked Alesi except he's gone now. Schumacher is a genius I wholeheartedly detest but Rubey Baby's a sweetheart. I remember when Jacques' dad was driving for Maranello. Anyway. This is completely off-thread and all your fault if it gets pulled.

Vrroom vrroom --

Ricardo of the Patreses
  • This 189 message thread spans 13 pages:  < <   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  12  13  > >