Login   Sign Up 

This 189 message thread spans 13 pages:  < <   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12  13 > >  
  • Re: RLG3 Yes, It`s that time again!
    by Jumbo at 14:12 on 06 March 2004
    RLG - stands for Runs on Liquid Gasoline! (Is there any other sort? I hear you ask!)
    by word`s worth at 14:14 on 06 March 2004
    *Blinking rapidly and with vacant expression at the screen*

Formula 1 - sounds like the something I'd bottle feed a baby with.

Can't see the attraction of fast (not to mention noisy) cars going round in circles. Don't understand the appeal of watching football either...men kicking balls about, dribbling and trying to score - sounds like the usual Friday nights in clubs and pubs.

by word`s worth at 14:30 on 06 March 2004
    TC

Yes, I'm off to gay paree...my gurlfriend and I will be leaving on the 10th - spending three nights in what looks like a very nice hotel near the Arc de Triomphe and Champs Elysee (must not go wild on shopping) - and then possibly returning to our respective less glamourous lives on the 13th. I hope to take lots of photos but not the touristy kind, visit nooks and crannies off the beaten tourist track as well as the usual attractions, drink lots of coffee, sit in lots of cafes and talk to a lot of french people. I've been to Paris once before and included it in my novel - Don't Cry For Me (working title) - it'll be a good chance to really study the city and refresh my memory :D That's my excuse for going anyway.

Would be great if you could make it tc - and you guys too - Rich? John? Dee? Might meet up with Elspeth too!

N x
    by Richardwest at 15:01 on 06 March 2004
    couple of quickies re this runs on liquid gasoline thread -- wordy, you're quite right about football (well I think so anyway, but then I got over this preoccupation with balls and dribbling some time ago and now have a thing about BIG EXHAUSTS going VROOM VROOM VROOM. . . No no no. Must calm down.) also, David Coulthard is actually a very personable bloke TC and has a smashing hotel in Monaco where we're all going for my book launch and I've just realised what happens when one's typing speed exceeds one's capacity to keep promises but what the hell.

Oh. Paris. Nahed you are not gonna meet any French people in Paris. Trust me. French people all live in France. Parisiennes live in Paris and they're entirely different from everyone else, up to and including the whole yooman race. (Then again, where's Ralph gone? She knows all about these things. Ralph????)

But oh, wow, wot a place to be. Lucky sods. Wish we were all taking that trip though if you're intending to see any of the shows, do NOT get a seat near any of the coach tour block bookings as those are the rows targeted by the performers which means the punters are then dragged on-stage to take part in the acts.

Francois of the Patreses & ex Follies Girl SuperStar
    by word`s worth at 15:10 on 06 March 2004
    David Coulthard...isn't he Dirty Dan's stunt double? No, not Dirty Den! What's this about Formula 1's new nose?? If it's David Coulthard then it's rather a case of new chin?

Dear Francois,

I'll be sure to take the first three chapters of my manuscript, a handful of poems and an RLG or two in case I should be chosen while sitting in the front row with some old dears...

I shall play along for a while and join in the act (act of what? I'm not sure...sounds rather risque)..and then I'll halt the show and start reading my work. Maybe I'll get an agent that way??? I'm sure I could, in fact I'm sure I can-can.

A bientot

N x

<Added>

Or is it Dastardly Dan - or am I thinking Dastardly and Muttley...oh dear..I'm confused now. It's that chin's fault.
    by Dee at 16:34 on 06 March 2004
    It’s one helluva chin and it gets bigger every year… I wonder if he’s having enhancements?

France eh? Paris? That’s kinda… French… isn’t it. Now if you were talking Amsterdam… woa-hey! include me IN.

Or even Burscough, Lancashire on May 8th…

Dee.
    by Richardwest at 16:39 on 06 March 2004
    No don't take any work at all -- especially not Runs on Liquid Gasoline. Just grab a seat next to David Coulthard and that'll be it, away you go. Actually, the kind of show were people get dragged oop onto the stage tends not to be patronised by old dears. Well, I've never seen any there, apart from my missus. Have a marvellous time -- oh, you're not going yet, I've just realised -- but when you do, well. Have a marvellous time. Something redundant about this, somewhere. Oh. Don't bother going into The Ritz or the Georges Cinque. Dreadfully passe. The Intercontinental is the only place for style. Well, it wuz when I wuz in town for the Liberation. That de Gaulle, though. Just like David Coulthard when you compare them.

Gotta go. Back Tuesday. Have a great weekend everyone.

Richard of the West (Mercedes Team)
    by James Anthony at 22:56 on 10 March 2004
    Probably the last to the party, but done an RLG (not sure got first line right, which is a bit of a major sin - but it is approximately right).

Be nice as it was a v quick effort
    by word`s worth at 12:26 on 15 March 2004
    Hurrah! We have another poet contributing to RLG. Igbit33 has posted hers called RLG3. Well done Iggy, and welcome to the unruly mob!

X
  • This 189 message thread spans 13 pages:  < <   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12  13 > >