Login   Sign Up 

This 189 message thread spans 13 pages:  < <   1   2  3  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13  > >  
  • Re: RLG3 Yes, It`s that time again!
    by word`s worth at 14:26 on 02 March 2004
    Richard,

Dorothy Perkins is alive and kicking and I visit her often...she sends her love by the way.

Well, I've received a reply from David (very unsatisfactory I felt) - shall forward it to you Richard. I would be a cow - that is the cow that jumped over the moon and hence, over the moon if RLG was acknowledged as the wonderful and valid writing exercise that is - in view of David's email I doubt if that is likely. All I ask for is the right to discuss these things before we're handed the ruling.

I have a headache (which usually happens when I get molto angry) so I'm going to dip my head in ice and try to cool down and make a decision with a clear head.

Oh, by the way, I didn't know Grommit was once the King of England...

Love muchos

Nahed
    by Richardwest at 14:27 on 02 March 2004
    Abdicate I meant. And what was all that stuff about where I live? It may be a cave to you and everyone else here but it's my home.
    by Richardwest at 14:30 on 02 March 2004
    You lie down and I'll lie down. People are going to be talking about us soon. When you wake up, remember.

Rxxx
    by word`s worth at 14:34 on 02 March 2004
    Laughing out loud Richard. Thanks for that Speak to you when I wake up.

Nahed x
    by Dee at 14:35 on 02 March 2004
    Jellied Felix all down your jeans, Richard?

Lucky Snowy...

x

<Added>

Sorry! Lowering the tone... again...
    by tinyclanger at 14:37 on 02 March 2004
    What ARE you two on? And can I have some...

I have written a bit of a garbled WWmail to david. Dunno if it wil help or hinder the cause, but as Wordy said, there are big issues and principles on the line here. (Or Dotty P's if you perfer.)

Huzzah! Man the barricades! Oh, you know I don't mean that...
    I'm sure we can sort this, if we can all air our views and then Richard is brought in to make a speech and put forward a soultion. Get to it Rich...

You know, I was supposed to be composing my RLG offering today..you lot will do anything to scupper my masterpieces!

Supportive, commradely hugs to one and all, yes, even you big R.

x
    tc
    Where's dee with the G&Ts when we need her?

<Added>

Oh, there she is. Did you bring them?
    by Richardwest at 16:01 on 02 March 2004
    Well sometimes you just have to get away from it all so I’ve resorted to what I believe is called daytime TV and doubled the viewing figures. My remote’s not working so it’s been a choice between a programme called ‘Two Big Strong Lads’ in a bedroom, and quite why I want to see any of that on a Tuesday afternoon, God alone knows, or indeed at any other time, or ‘Beat the Nation’, which has involved watching someone else’s Near Death Experience, in this case that of the young comic artistes formerly known as Graeme Garden and Tim Brooke Taylor.

Actually, forget the reference to proximity: Tim Brooke Taylor has just spent so long thinking of a brisk riposte to something Graeme Garden said that mortality appears to have overwhelmed completely.

Meanwhile, back in the bedroom, which I wasn’t going to look at but I can’t get anything else, there’s a man with a trowel mangling his vowels just like Andy in ‘Changing Rooms’ and Tommy in ‘Ground Force’ and now I know why I can’t get a carpenter or plumber or electrician because it’s obvious you’re stuffed if you don’t live on bloody Canvey Island.

This is very probably why Hadrian’s Wall isn’t a wall at all but a lot of embanked earth. Hadrian sent out for professional help and the only person within reach was Alan Titmarsh. I often walk besides the wall thinking of Titmarsh’s master work, How To Be A Roman.

So I’ve come back to WriteWords to see what’s happening. No I haven't. I've come back to blame Wordy for pitching me into the arms of 'Embalm the Nation' and two men with a trowel in someone's bedroom speaking Estuary English.

Cor, luvva duck, mite, leave it aht, will yer?

So for that reason ALONE Wordy (when she wakes up -- sorry, I'll re-run that: 'Blahmey, Princess, wot you fink I am, a bleedin' frog or somefink??) is going to have to stay on in the community uvverwise sunshine I Have No Bleedin' Idea Wot I Am Goin' To Do.

If you remember John F. Kennedy, which you won't, but I do, he once went to Berlin and said 'I am a hamburger' on account of the trip being paid for by Macdonald's, well; he once said, 'ask not what your country can do for you. Ask what you can do to get out of your country.'

So there.

Richardxx

by Elspeth at 16:16 on 02 March 2004
    Having spotted Haunted's post a couple of hours ago I braced myself for the furore. And yet - silence. Turns out I hadn't thought to look here and consequently have bypassed the entire discussion. (Probably just as well; I don't get on with cats. Sorry Richard, no offence to Snowy, but I'm telling you, they're out to get me) Anyway, glad to see that no one's lost their sense of humour. I'd like to comment but I worry that my so-called 'expert' label compels me to remain neutral. Therefore I shall continue to sit stoically on my little fence (which is damned uncomfortable I can tell you, though thanks to Ronseal, entirely waterproof). I can understand that David needs to keep things nice and tidy and we all know what you lot are like once you've cracked the gin open and come out from under the bed; but it seems a shame put RLG where people might miss it. I'm sure a suitable compromise will be reached soon, and then I can climb down off the white pickett and go back to having neck ache in front of the computer.

Katie
    by Elspeth at 16:19 on 02 March 2004
    Oh and one more thing (which I have mentioned in another post, so sorry for repeating myself) but is it me, or has the 'author's edit' option vanished? Just wondered as I found it quite useful for correcting my many typos or adding forgotten thoughts. But not to worry, I was merely asking and do not wish to be seen as stirring the pot in any way. (Has anyone got a ladder? This fence is getting a little high.....)
    K
    by Dee at 16:21 on 02 March 2004
    Katie... thank you. That means a lot... shame about the cats...

Richard... what the hell did you pick up in Tescos this morning...

x
    by Dee at 16:26 on 02 March 2004
    ps - good point, Katie... where did the edit option go...
    by Richardwest at 16:30 on 02 March 2004
    Katie -- No, you're right. I was looking at my last post and hunting for the Owner Edit, or rather, the Owner Delete, because it didn't quite say what I'd intended when I started. It was all about a country is what it is because of the people who stay in it. And you've only got to look at the UK nowadays to see where that's got us. No, that's a diversion as well. The thing is, Wordy has to stay. Any thread which leads to you standing on a fence shouting at my cat has got to be a tribute to the literary imagination, so it's about time Wordy woke up and realised just what she's achieved here / is entirely bloody responsible for. And it's not as though I have broadband like everyone else. I am on a lite package which means --

Sorry. Have had to switch to a full ISP subscription now.

Did I ever tell you about the time I was part of the Paris Bohemian set? No? There was Dorothy Sayers, Scott Fitzgerald, Ernest Hemmingway, Alan Titmarsh and a host of others. Anyway, one day Sayers had some sort of row with the restaurant owner and threatened never to come back. But then she remembered, it wasn't the quality of the coffee she looked for. It was the quality of the company.

And so she looked at me and Alan and never came back.

Richardx

No. I think this is going to need a re-edit as well.
    by Richardwest at 16:35 on 02 March 2004
    And anyway before Wordy went to sleep at 14:26 she was going to give me Dorothy's home phone number. Which won't be possible if she doesn't come back (Wordy, I mean.)

Richardx

PS: sorry. The reference was to Perkins. Not Sayers.
    by Dee at 16:36 on 02 March 2004
    Richard my love, you are a dream...

Hey, listen up everyone... I've had a message posted on Haunted's thread - luxuriously included in 'General Forum' - for minutes now... and it's still there...

Wehey...

by Elspeth at 17:10 on 02 March 2004
    My owner edit has mysteriously returned. I think it got scared off when it heard about the cat, or possibly by Wordy...

Judging from David's response on the general forum it looks as though a compromise is being sorted with a monthly announcement of the RLG. In which case I shall endeavor to remove this large piece of 4x4 from my posterior and get back to business.

Oh no, I think I see Snowy. Got any spare Felix Richard, or is it all still attached to your clothing? Only Snowy's looking peckish....nice moggy...
  • This 189 message thread spans 13 pages:  < <   1   2  3  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13  > >