Login   Sign Up 

This 189 message thread spans 13 pages:  < <   1   2   3   4   5  6  7   8   9   10   11   12   13  > >  
  • Re: RLG3 Yes, It`s that time again!
    by Dee at 18:59 on 02 March 2004
    Oh... did I not say? Sorry... already asked David about it...

Whether he'll listen to me...

Dee
    by word`s worth at 19:02 on 02 March 2004
    Only time will tell...

Thanks Dee...I'm off for a wee while to sort my other life out...(okay okay...Emmerdale is on!) *blush*

Nahed x
    by Jumbo at 19:54 on 02 March 2004
    I don't know! I go out for a walk and come back to over 100 emails and chaos on WW!!

I'm going to need a couple of hours in a dark room to sort through this lot. In principle, I'm all for an RLG group (isn't that what we've got already, by any other name?)

I won't say anything else until I've worked through this lot. Knowing me I'll put my foot in it!!

And a heap of RLG3's to read as well.

Jumbo xx
    by Richardwest at 20:03 on 02 March 2004
    First of all, a number of apologies are due many people, some of whom may still be here. I have't been all here, or possibly all there, for large portions of the day, including the past hour when it's been necessary to explain to my wife why I never did get round to doing the hoovering and why I'm still covered in Snowy's lunch.

Anyway. My apologies to Jubbly, first off, for misattributing responsibility.

My apologies to Jumbo, for not attributing responsibility.

My apologies to Tiny, because I now realise she never said she didn't know whether to be involved in an RLG Group or not. That was Wordy.

My apologies to Wordy, because she did and I thought she was Tiny. But I didn't post anything at 18.22 to Sue, honest, because that was a comment on something that appeared in this thread a few moments before Sue arrived and then when I'd finished that, I wrote a comment referring to Sue's comment at 18:17 and posted it but it appeared after she'd replied to it 30 seconds earlier which proves she is unnervingly psychic and I'm intimidated.

My apologies to Ralph, who has no idea of the existence of this thread because she lives in France.

Apologies to Dee, because she's been here when I thought she wasn't although to be honest, much of what's happened to me today is all her fault anyway.

Apologies to Katie, because I've belatedly realised that if as an aspirant writer it is your sole aim in life to secure representation, then threatening to sue a literary agent seems somewhat inconsistent with that objective.

My apologies to Patrick, because I have absolutely no idea who he is, but if he can manage to survive a day here then he's a better cat than I am. Person.

Is it possible that some kind of consensus has been reached here, i.e., Wordy is not leaving, and we may have an RLG group on WriteWords which will be open to everyone whether or not they are on full time medication?

Yours, confused --

Patrick

by Richardwest at 20:07 on 02 March 2004
    Jumbo: I was going to say welcome back but you started this entire thing in the first place and you have no idea what I've been through as a result. This was going to be an owner edit but isn't.
    by Sue H at 20:16 on 02 March 2004
    Richard,
    Please stop all this right now! You're making me laugh so much I'm going to have to go and lie down somewhere quiet... (especially the apology to Katie - I loved that one!!!)
    Sue
    by James Anthony at 20:20 on 02 March 2004
    What the hell is going on?
    It seems that something is wrong.
    something about a cat
    a bit of this, a lot of that
    that led to a hell of a DING DONG!

HIya people. WOrk sucks

Oh and RIchard, my two cats reckon that have Snowy easily. Anyway, that's what they tell me between big chunks of tuna...

by Richardwest at 20:34 on 02 March 2004
    Sue: I give up. That was intended to be a meaningful thing I just did. James: why is everyone attacking my cat today? Snowy is really very nice. I expect yours are, too. I think if everyone said nice things about each other's cats then they'd say nice things about each other and we wouldn't need to have a special Cats Group set up in WriteWords.

<Added>

Hey. That poem was better'n anything Ted Hughes ever wrote.
    by James Anthony at 20:55 on 02 March 2004
    I love cats! can't help it and i reckon your snowy is gorgeous and Emile and Eidur would be SNowy's best friend.

UP to speed now. Ohh, there was a revolution and I missed it! I always thought I'd be in an office pulling the strings, waiting to step in just at the right time like Lenin himself (NOTE: HAD A WORK STUDENT IN OUR PLACE RECENTLY WHO DIDN'T KNOW WHO STALIN WAS! HE WAS 19 AND AT UNIVERSITY!)

Sorry...

I sort of see both sides of this argument - as long as people know of RLG can't see a problem. THough if the reason is to avoid a clique that ain't worked. GLad to see Wordy at the forefront of the revolution though! BRING IT ON!

DOn't even think a group is needed really if all can be done in here on a thread. SAme as having a group that - but maybe I am missing something.

ANyway, nigh nigh
    I'm off to try and write extra chapters to get my novel done in time for the Lichfield Prize. ALl other submittees (?) tremble at my feet. BE afraid!

PS DOEs this argument mean that we can use smileys indiscriminately?

by word`s worth at 21:20 on 02 March 2004
    Okay, I think I've stopped crying long enough to write this post, although I'm sure I'm going to start again any minute. (I'm so glad there's no web cam on this site).

Richard, today you have made me laugh when I didn't feel like laughing and now you have made me cry with your wonderful email to me (oh Gawd...here I go again - turn that camera off!). You told me not to respond to it and I won't - not through email anyhow - but here among the wonderful friends I feel so privileged to have made in my short visit to WriteWords. With all its imperfections, I'll be forever grateful to this site for introducing me to you, Richard, Dee, John and tc - four strangers who made me feel like I was their long lost friend from the moment I ruined their quest for an epitaph. And all the new friends I've made during that time - I appreciate so much the support you have given me, in this and other matters. Without sounding too much like a blubbering speech from an Oscar nomination winner - I just want to say that I love you all. And not in the drunk 'I love everybody' way - I swear not a drop has passed my lips today - but I am drunk with compassion, human understanding and unbreakable friendship.

I can't see the screen anymore now..so I'll stop, collect myself and drop me off at the nearest Bailey's bottle. If I've embarrassed anyone with my soppiness - I'm sorry - but I'm quite overwhelmed with emotion.

I'd thank my agent at this point...but I don't have one.

Yours sobbingly

Nahed x
    by Richardwest at 22:16 on 02 March 2004
    Well I think that about wraps it up, really. Wordy has me down as incurably schizophrenic and James is justifiably annoyed because I thought he was attacking my cat when he wasn't doing any such thing.

There are days when you realise that as a writer, you have a big 'ole in your pocket through which slips the currency of language down the drain of incomprehension.

So it's good night from me and it's goodnight from him and Wordy, hey, that was a hell of a brave posting. Though the next time I beg you privately for some money it might be best if you didn't refer to it in an open forum on account of the fact everyone else got the same email but didn't realise that until now.

Ni-night all. There are eight million stories in The Naked City. This has been one of them.

Rxxx

<Added>

James, sorry: I had absolutely no idea Stalin was 19 and at university. This really has been the most confusing day.
    by Colin-M at 22:23 on 02 March 2004
    WOW
    by Colin-M at 22:29 on 02 March 2004
    Sorry about that. Didn't quite know what else to say. Dee, when you said I'd opened a can of worms (about three pages back) you must have missed a major adjective out there. Big, whopping, enormous, googolical (if that's a word - dammit, it should be!)

I guess my idea gets support. Whoohooo. Hope David reads this thread and agrees it's best to give us our own cage.

I'm still new here guys. Let me say, a real pleasure to meet you all. As I said before, this is the sort of community I was searching for, and I did a lot of looking.

I only turned my back for a couple of hours too. I wanted to watch Hussle, put the kids to bed, maybe write a few words, then I get told I have a stream of mails. I'm scared to go to bed now.

Laters...

Colin M

by tinyclanger at 22:51 on 02 March 2004
    Has Richard gone to bed? Oh, thank God! I'm laughing so much I think I'm going to do myself a mischief! Just what we needed at the end of a truly yukky day.
    well done Rickie, cheered me up no end!

Hope things are quieter tomorrow. Might actually get some writing done. Novel, eh?
    (Well, no, poetry actually)

Night all.
    Tee hee hee
    x
    tc
    by SamMorris at 22:56 on 02 March 2004
    Blimey, bit of a heated debate going on here. Anyway I've missed it all, and only realised what’s going on after struggling / writing my RLG. It seems such a shame its come to this. I think that the RLG is a great idea, and I have never thought it in any way exclusive or off putting for newer members. Anyway after struggling and finally knocking mine into some sort of shape I'm going to post it. Hope the RLG keeps going, which ever distant part of the site it unfairly gets thrown!

I would like to think that come December all this will have blown over and the ultimate RLG challenge will be on ( & everyones invinted as always). Looking forward to it!

Sam

• This 189 message thread spans 13 pages:  < <   1   2   3   4   5  6  7   8   9   10   11   12   13  > >