Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

This 189 message thread spans 13 pages:  < <   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8  9  10   11   12   13  > >  
  • Re: RLG3 Yes, It`s that time again!
    by Richardwest at 20:54 on 03 March 2004
    Sorry about this but we're having a dinner party here and so I'm having to pop out and furtle with the computer to see what's happening and JA's posting seems great to me and I agree with everyone else and have told Jumbo I'll sign up to whatever you all decide. I always was a born leader.

Oh hell. I have to go serve the pudding or something.

Richard
    by word`s worth at 21:00 on 03 March 2004
    James

I'm not going to waste my time with this anymore - 'this' being trying to reason with unreasonable people...we are not being listened to, we are being ignored, we are unimportant and irrelevant. We either hand over our hard earned money and do what we're told or faff off somewhere else if we don't like it.

Pathetic.

by tinyclanger at 21:54 on 03 March 2004
    My brain hurts.

But I do like 'furtle' Richard. All your own work?

People, we have to DECIDE! We are going on and on suggesting lots of things and at some point we must say "Halt! who goes th...."
    No, you know what I mean.. At this rate it will be time for next month's RLG and we still won't know what we're doing. And may I remind you it's my turn next and I shall probably get very diggy if things are not sorted by then.

So, as I see it, there are 3 schools of thought:
    1) an RLG Group
    2) No RLG Group and we accept RLG is 'limited' to the writing Ex Forum, (but ask that it's highlighted each month on the main page?)
    3) A separate RLG Forum so we can chatter and take turns to intimidate each other. And do the RLG, when we remember, obviously.

Does this list bear ANY reflection to what the debate is? Am I totally off track? is anyone there?

My spade hurts....

tc

by Jumbo at 22:38 on 03 March 2004
    Hi, tc!

I'm with you and the hurting brains!

I'm also with you on your three options. It seems that option two is almost where we are now. And option three seems to be more of a 'chatroom' type set-up, or am I misunderstanding what you mean? Do we need that facility? I think that whatever style of discussions we want to have we could have them through your options one or two.

But as a point from which to move forward, I agree with your summary. The question is, where do we go now?

Jumbo x

by Sue H at 07:04 on 04 March 2004
    Mine's up now. Imaginatively titled "Buried"! Off to read the others!
    Sue
    I think option 2 is the easiest and probably the one most likely to succeed.
    by Jumbo at 08:42 on 04 March 2004
    Sue

I think you deserve a huge round of applause for managing to produce your story with all this chaos breaking out around you!!

Jumbo
    by Sue H at 08:48 on 04 March 2004
    Jolly decent of you but save the applause until you've read it! I had a real hard time with this one....! Thanks Wordy!
    by Jumbo at 08:54 on 04 March 2004
    I've just read it - and I'm still applauding!!
    by Sue H at 09:12 on 04 March 2004
    You are lovely!
    by Colin-M at 09:21 on 04 March 2004
    Hi All. I avoided the computer all day yesterday, and last night I managed to get a start on RLG3. Just wanted to mention a couple of things on this thread.

Firstly, one of the main reasons I suggested having an RLG Group was not to segregate us, but give us a set place for uploading work, so we don't have to hunt around for each other's stuff. We could just go to the group and see the list of current work - so long as we prefix our titles with the RLG number ("RLG3 - Buried") (I don't mean now, Sue, but if and when we get a group established)

Secondly. er, okay, don't really have a secondly. But I do agree that the group should be open to unlimited members, OR that anyone can upload to the RLG archive.

Colin M.
    (full of cold)
    (but going to try to finish my RLG and post later today. - dying to read everyone else's but holding back till mine's done)

laters...
    by word`s worth at 10:11 on 04 March 2004
    Colin

Get better soon. Look forward to reading it.
    by Dee at 10:20 on 04 March 2004
    Ah… furtle. Haven’t heard the word for years. It’s that surreptitious fumbling you do while looking over your shoulder to make sure no-one’s looking… like when you’re trying to pretend you’re not eating the last piece of cheesecake in the fridge. Or you’re not logging on when you’re supposed to be getting the pudding.

Dee.

by Dee at 10:22 on 04 March 2004
    Getting serious now.

I’m not firing on all cylinders this morning. Just got back from the Doc’s clutching a sicknote and a bag of drugs but I do want to stick my oar in.

I feel that if RLG becomes a group it will very quickly fold. The whole beauty of it up to now has been the freedom for anyone – new, old, poet, playwright, proser (?) – to dip in or not whenever they want. It’s a bit of fun. It’s a mini-challenge. And it’s another avenue for us to hone our skills.

It seems to me that it’s not the writing in itself that concerns the Admin team, but the chat that goes along with it. The simplest solution that I can see is that we post a thread, in the Writing Exercises forum, each month with the new line. This appears in the general forum as normal. Then, as we each upload our work, we announce it – as everyone does – individually in the Introduce Your Work forum. These announcements, as well as the original one with the line, will quickly fall away from the top of the General forum. Then, we open another thread in the Lounge for the inevitable – and quite justifiable – discussions.

Of course, much of this hinges on the A-team allowing the new line thread to appear in the General forum. If they don’t, then… I don’t know.

John, have you had any response to your email yet?

Dee.
    by Jumbo at 10:27 on 04 March 2004
    Err, no!

And I sent DB another one late last night. No reply to either at this point in time!

Dumbo (that well known typing error!)

<Added>

Dee, is it really the 'chat' that's causing the problem? Isn't communication an essential part of any living, thriving, growing community?

by word`s worth at 10:38 on 04 March 2004
    John,

You said you wanted to read my RLG...well, why haven't you read it??

N x
  • This 189 message thread spans 13 pages:  < <   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8  9  10   11   12   13  > >