Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

This 38 message thread spans 3 pages:  < <   1   2  3 > >  
  • Re: Message for Zettel
    by Zettel at 17:35 on 01 January 2012
    Will do. The last three were excellent. Enjoy.

Z
    by EmmaD at 17:50 on 01 January 2012
    I enjoy your reviews very much, Zettel, whether or not I agree with them - and whether or not I've seen the film yet. They add a lot to the richness and variety of WW, and I hope you'll keep 'em coming.

(Trolling WW doesn't tend to work, because everyone's interested in a proper conversation/discussion/argument, and can't be bothered to react to someone who's obviously just trying to pick a fight. Which must be irritating for the trolls, but is much nicer and more fruitful for the rest of us.)

Emma
    by eve26 at 18:02 on 01 January 2012
    I honestly don't get the point of trolling? What the hell does it achieve?
    Don't these people have anything better to do with their time?

Eve
    by EmmaH at 18:53 on 01 January 2012
    Zettel, I've hugely enjoyed those reviews of yours I've read.

Mox, you really aren't doing yourself any favours here. Florapost is absolutely right.
    by Mox at 23:16 on 01 January 2012
    Oh Sorry, EmmaH.

Zettel doesn't need anybody's comments I think. He's just doing his job, keep it up, sir.
    by Terry Edge at 17:56 on 02 January 2012
    Zettel doesn't need defending by me, but I wanted to add that the reason I like his reviews so much is because he's such a good writer. I don't really care what his opinions are; I just love the fact that so often the way he uses words is more than the sum of their parts. Nancy Banks-Smith has the same ability, and I also read her reviews for the way she writes more than what she writes about. I don't know if the criticiser here is serious but I'd be interested to see if his/her writing has the same quality. If not, then maybe there's something to be learned from Zettel.

Terry
    by Jem at 18:01 on 02 January 2012
    I have been posting Zettel's Strictly reviews to a friend who was a great Strictly fan. She, in her turn, posted them forward to her son who is doing a post-grad journalism course, as an example of good writing. I couldn't agree more.
    by rogernmorris at 11:41 on 03 January 2012
    Zettel's reviews are outstanding.
  • This 38 message thread spans 3 pages:  < <   1   2  3 > >