Login   Sign Up 

• Writing Critique Group
    by s_russell at 21:30 on 31 August 2009

I am trying to set up a writing critique group, where members can submit a piece of writing, and recieve up to 6 critiques, and in return, do 3+ reviews of the works of others. Its not profit, I just want to help writers, as a writer myself. The problem is, I don't know how I can get people to join. I am on first writers, and am trying to get on some other websites, e.g. writers resources, competitions, ECT. Does anyone have any ideas how to get this started and does anyone want to join?
  • Re: Writing Critique Group
    by GaiusCoffey at 10:49 on 01 September 2009
    Hi,
    A noble goal!

There are, however, quite a lot of different resources out there for critiquing - I won't namecheck WW's competitors here, but all the sites have _something_ going for them.

WW has recently revamped the way groups are managed on the site and if you take a look, I think you'll find there is a group there that will allow you to find feedback for your own stuff or to propose an alternative group if not.

Not sure what your level is as not read / seen any of your writing, but it's worth browsing in any case.
    G
    by GaiusCoffey at 10:52 on 01 September 2009
    PS: As your post was the first in nearly a year for this forum, you might want to look at some of the more active threads on WW!

The Groups tab at the top of the page sounds like a good place for you to start, but if you go to "Writers' Forum" you will also see a drop-down list of all the different fora and (for me) fora like "Technique" and "Inspiration and Ideas" can be quite interesting.
    by NMott at 11:15 on 01 September 2009
    Hi, Russell, and welcome to WriteWords.
    Rather than try to reinvent the wheel I'd suggest becoming an active participant in one of the established online writers communities that already exist - YouWriteOn sounds the sort of thing you are after. Or consider setting up a local writers group in your area and swap work for critique.

- NaomiM