Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

• Black Swan Green by David Mitchell
    by geoffmorris at 14:40 on 05 May 2007
    Itd've been fitting maybe to right a proper long review of this book, but that'd be spoiling it, like when someone tells you that Darth Vader is really Luke Skywalker's dad before you've had chance to watch Return of the Jedi.

Black Swan Green is like when you're a kid and you think all these things and you're never really sure if anyone else ever thinks the same thing. It's like being inside your thoughts but only in somebody else's head. Should be on the national curriculum, it's easily way better than all that ancient stuff by Dickens and the Brontes they make kids read. No wonder kids're put off reading and then the one's that aren't look like total flids if they admit to liking it.

But this book is ace, id've even said epic but nobody says epic these days and using words nobody says anymore is proper gay. Definitely worth spending some pocket money on even if you have to go short on Curly Wurlys and Mars Bars for a bit.

• Re: Black Swan Green by David Mitchell
    by Account Closed at 13:43 on 09 May 2007
    After Cloud Atlas, I can't wait to read this.

JB
    by geoffmorris at 13:46 on 09 May 2007
    To be honest I had my reservations because I knew it was totally different to his other stuff but I wasn't disappointed at all. I think he could pretty mcuh turn his hand to any genre and come up with something pretty special.
    by Lammi at 13:47 on 09 May 2007
    I enjoyed it, too. And I love your review!
    by geoffmorris at 16:20 on 09 May 2007
    Cheers Lammi