Login   Sign Up 

• Rainy Days and Tuesdays by Claire Allan
    by Account Closed at 16:25 on 07 July 2007
    Having been privileged to have seen a little of this novel on WW, I couldn't resist buying a copy of Claire's novel, Rainy Days and Tuesdays.

I haven't read any chick-lit for a very long time. So I thought I'd post a short review on this to show that anyone can enjoy this novel, whether you traditionally read chick-lit or not.

Rainy Days and Tuesdays is the story of Grace Adams, and her struggle to feel the real her and keep everything she wants and has in life balanced. It is a warm and tenderly written novel. There are characters you can't help empathize with and it gives wonderful insight into parenting and the difficulties of combining parenthood with working full-time and taking on most responsibilities at home - i.e. it takes a hard look at whether women really can 'have it all'.

The main character finds herself confronted with a picture of her life, and one that isn't as pretty as it once was. Will she change? Does she in fact want to? Do people around her want her to stay as she is? Does she need to lose weight to feel good again or does she just need to change what is happening on the inside?

It's more mum-lit than chick-lit if you like labels, but I found it written in a way I think anyone who likes a good read can enjoy it

A05

• Re: Rainy Days and Tuesdays by Claire Allan
    by Luisa at 21:21 on 08 July 2007
    I've just finished this too and I loved it. I agree with everything Alexandra has said. It's a wonderfully warm and touching book.
  • Re: Rainy Days and Tuesdays by Claire Allan
    by Lola Dane at 19:47 on 09 July 2007
    Thanks Alexandra.. (and Luisa..) Glad you like it.