Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

• More Than Love Letters by Rosy Thornton
    by Account Closed at 21:09 on 29 July 2007
    More Than Love Letters, is an intriguing read from start to end. A novel told through emails, letters and little snippets of information given mostly by the main characters.

It begins with meeting the characters and then moves on to watching how they get caught up in, change and influence each other’s lives.

Margaret is the main character, a primary school teacher who passionately believes in a good cause or helping people. If there's something wrong in the park or in the streets, she's the first to write to the local council, government or other relevant bodies...maybe writing too often...she's becomes accustomed to not getting replies to her letters...

In Ipswich starting a teaching career after graduating, Margaret joins a local women’s group combating homelessness, and is also always there for her ailing grandmother, her landlord, Cora and her friend Becs.

Richard, is an MP looking for more than holding a weekly surgery for his constituents in Ipswich. As Margaret enters his life, (when he stops ignoring her letters and answers one of them), she definitely brings him some ideas to spice up his political life and make things more interesting. Except that’s not all she brings. It’s soon pretty clear that Richard can’t get enough of her. It’s just a question of if he can win her over? Or if a couple of misunderstandings over Margaret’s current cause, the Albanian refugee, Nasreen, might push them apart?

An interesting and warm read. I enjoyed particularly how I got to grow to really like Margaret. Having originally thought her slightly prudish and held back, I found by the end, that I was really taken by her drive and compassion for other people. The peripheral characters are also brilliantly drawn, I won't say too much more about that as that might give it all away!

• Re: More Than Love Letters by Rosy Thornton
    by RT104 at 07:05 on 31 July 2007
    Thanks for reading, Alexandra, and for the nice review.

Rosy x
  • Re: More Than Love Letters by Rosy Thornton
    by Account Closed at 19:39 on 31 July 2007
    Thanks for writing it

A05