Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

• A Collection of Short Stories and Poems by Bollington Library Writing Group
    by Account Closed at 15:09 on 16 September 2007
    This is a lovely and very readable collection of short stories and poems, which has been edited by our very own Nik Perring. And it also includes some of his work, so definitely worth a read for that alone!

However, I also particularly enjoyed work by Karen Crook and Sandy Milsom, especially the darker pieces. And special mention must go to "A Dog's Life" by Gay Horton. There's a tale with bite, for sure ...

My collection favourite (I always pick one!) just has to be Karen Crook's "Borrowed Time" (sorry, Nik - your little green man just missed out ...!). I for one would definitely be keen to read more about Henry's ghostly adventures in Hadley Great Hall.

Of course, other people will have other preferences, but I would recommend this collection. There's something for everyone and the cover's great too.

)

Anne B
  • Re: A Collection of Short Stories and Poems by Bollington Library Writing Group
    by Nik Perring at 23:15 on 16 September 2007
    Thanks for this, Anne. I'm thrilled you enjoyed it and I'm certain the group will be too. We all spent a lot of time on these stories and worked bloody hard on them. And as for the cover - it should look good - it took me a frickin' age!

Thanks again,

Nik.

<Added>

PS if anyone else would like a copy then drop me a wwmail.